Chapter 14

Chaeryeong’s POV
I woke up when I feel the warm feeling on my face as the sunlight shedding on me. When I tried to sit myself up, I felt there’s something on my stomach. I looked down just to see Yeji unnie’s hand. I was shocked actually. At how bold am I to asked her to sleep with me in the same bed last night. I felt my cheeks heating up red when I turned around seeing Yeji unnie sleeping soundly. She has those innocent looking on her face when she sleeps though. It’s cute to be honest.

I felt grateful, but bad too at the same time. I’m grateful that Yeji unnie looks after me for the whole night. How she take care of me, how she treated me, was something different that I’ve never felt before.

Anyways, watching how Yeji unnie sleeps, she must have been very tired yesterday. After a whole day of work and stuffs, she was looking after me for the whole night because of the incident happened. I got a few nightmares last night, and Yeji unnie is the one who wakes up just to comfort me and trying to make me sleep again.

I gently lifted her hands and get down from the bed. I didn’t want to wake her up. I went to the bathroom to wash my face and when I went up to the sink, I saw a post it note on the wall with Yeji unnie’s writing on it.

“Good morning Chaeryeong. I’ve already prepared a spare toothbrush for you right here so you can clean yourself. I might still be sleeping when you’re awake though. So I’m writing this to tell you. There’s egg in the fridge, feel free to cook for your own breakfast. I hope you’re feeling well now, just make yourself comfortable like home ;)”

I took the toothbrush unnie prepared for me and starting to brush my teeth. I’m really thankful for how Yeji unnie treated me. How can she be so thoughtful? I’ve never met such an amazing person like her in my life.

After cleaning myself, I went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I cooked another plate of eggs too, for Yeji unnie. I’m eating the eggs while I’m in my own little world daydreaming until I heard Yeji unnie calling me.

“Hi Chaer, good morning” she smiled at me.
“Oh good morning unnie” I smiled and nodded my head at her.
“Here’s your breakfast I made for you, unnie” I smiled as I pointed the eggs in front of me.
“Thank you Chaer. Looks like you’re feeling better now?”
“Yeah, at least for now” I chuckled.
“Thanks for looki-” Yeji unnie cut me off.
“No worries dear, as long as you’re safe and happy” she smiled warmly looking at me. I looked at her, smiling as a response.

We were eating our breakfast quietly until I heard a knock on the front door suddenly. “Just come in” Yeji unnie said. It was Lia unnie. We greeted each other.

“How are you feeling today, Chaeryeong?” Lia unnie asked as her hand stroking on my back.
“Fine for now, thanks for caring, unnie” I smiled at her.
“Are you going to work later?”
“Oh I’ve requested for a one day day off unnie, but instead I got a whole week to rest as the daycare management said I should rest to calm myself down for after what happened” I replied to Lia unnie.

“Do you want to go to our shop with us?” Yeji unnie asked me.
“Sure, I don’t think I can stay all alone by myself for now..” I said with a worried expression on my face.