Chapter 13

Chaeryeong’s POV
I’m still scared of what happened just now. I’m terrified. Fortunately, there’s nothing much that’s valuable in my house. I’m so thankful that I met Yeji and Lia unnie when I was running away from the horrible scene. I’m now staying in Yeji unnie’s house. I felt more comfortable having someone by my side. Having Yeji unnie.

I entered unnie’s room and I sit on the edge of her bed. I looked around the room. It’s nice and comfortable here. Her things were arranged nicely, tidy and clean. She came out of the bathroom. She’s wearing a gray hoodie with long black pants. She looks amazing in her outfit.

(Yeji’s outfit ↓)

She smiled at me and she sat in front of her makeup table, drying her hair

She smiled at me and she sat in front of her makeup table, drying her hair. After combing her hair, she came in front of me. She holds my hand, letting me relax.

“Chaeryeong-ah, sorry for not replying your messages when you’re in danger” she said gently with a worried expression on her face as her hand’s stroking on my head.
“It’s okay unnie, I know you left your phone in the shop..” I smiled at her. I tried to be calm in front of her but my body is actually still shaking in fear and Yeji unnie noticed. She then came closer to hug me while her hand patting at my back.

“Chaeryeong-ah, you can relax now, It’s safe here, you’re with me. I’ll stay beside you, you don’t have to worry anymore” Yeji unnie said. I cried out when I heard what Yeji unnie told me. Tears started to fall all over my cheeks. Unnie hug me tightly after all. I’m really scared.

Yeji’s POV
I’ve hugged Chaeryeong for a while now patting her back and I don’t hear any sound nor movement from her. I gently pulled back from our hug and I saw she’d fell asleep. We were at the edge of my bed so I gently carried her, in bridal style, and I gently put her down at the center of my bed. I don’t want to wake her up. I covered her with my blanket to prevent her from being cold.

I took out two of my yoga mattress out that I used to do workouts, piling them up on the floor for me to sleep. It’s 11:32pm at the moment and Lia texted me.

 It’s 11:32pm at the moment and Lia texted me

I wasn’t in the mood of sleeping yet due to what happened today, I’m worried about her

I wasn’t in the mood of sleeping yet due to what happened today, I’m worried about her. So I decided to scroll on my social medias for a while. Time flies, it’s 1:25am already. I was about to go to sleep when I heard Chaeryeong shouted suddenly.

“Stop chasing me!!!” she shouted loudly. She woke up from her nightmare and she got scared again looking around when she can’t find me. She didn’t know I was sleeping on the floor. I quickly went up to the bed and hug her tightly.

“Shushhhh, Chaeryeong-ah, it’s okay, I’m here” I said gently, patting her back. I could feel her tears on my neck, she’s crying again.
“I got a nightmare unnie… I’m scared..” she said in a trembling voice.
“Chaeryeong-ah, Unnie is right here with you, don’t be scared okay? Go back to sleep now” I said to her, pulling back from our hug. She nodded and she laid back down. She closed her eyes , trying to get back to sleep. As I was about to leave the bed to sleep on the floor, she held my wrist.

“Unnie, where are you going?” she looked at me with her teary eyes.
“Going to sleep on the floor. You don’t have to worry, I’m just sleeping right beside the bed” I said.
“Don’t go, unnie..  sleep with me on the bed please, I’m scared…” she said, holding my wrist tighter. I can’t resist though, so I nodded and laid on the bed.

I noticed she’s still shaking a little, so I moved closer to her and I hug her tightly, “Just sleep, don’t think too much, I’ll be right here” I whispered to her. She smiled weakly as a response and fell asleep. Seeing her like this makes me hurt so much. I’m glad she’s safe now, at least. I don’t wanna end up losing her again when I just found her. I’ve waited for so many years…