Chapter 24

Chaeryeong’s POV
I handed a pack of ice to Yeji unnie to put on her cheek that’s having a seriously bad large bruise. I can’t believe a man just slap her that hard for nothing. It’s just a shirt, is he out of his mind or what??

I texted Lia unnie to update her that Yeji unnie has already came back. She replied with me a “Okay” and I heard a knock on the door so I walked towards and open the door.

It’s Lia unnie and she’s holding something on her hand.

“Here, a cream for bruises. Apply this on Yeji’s cheek.” Lia unnie said as she hands me the cream she’s holding.

“Oh thanks for that, unnie” I smiled at her.

“Take goooood care of her, okay?” she smirks and winked at me. Weird.

“Uh okay…?” I chuckled and waved her goodbye as she entered her own house.

I went back inside and head to Yeji unnie’s room. She’s taking a shower though, I might give her the cream later.

As she came out from the bathroom, she looked at me and smiled. Then she went out without saying anything.

I scrolled on my phone for a while and decided to check on her. I have to hand her the cream anyways. So I leave the room to the living room.

I turned my head to see Yeji unnie laying on the sofa. Is she asleep? Her eyes are closed though. I walked closer to her unconsciously.

I bent down and look at her. The corner of her lips has a wound, which was caused by the girls last night. Then her cheek, a big large bruise. Poor unnie.

I’m not happy at all seeing her in this state. The wounds and bruises must be hurting her a lot. I took the cream out and I slightly squeezed the cream out onto my finger.

I gently applies the cream on Yeji unnie’s cheek.

“Thank you” I startled when she whispered and our face were so close since I was bending down my body to apply the cream for her. I low key blushed.

“Oh s-sorry unnie, did I woke you up?” I said as I stand up straight quickly. I saw the corner of her mouth curved up.

“I’m not sleeping, Chaeryeong” she chuckled.

“H-Huh?”

“I’m just closing my eyes though. Then suddenly I feel someone touching my cheek, noticed it was you who was applying the cream for me. So I waited you to finish applying the cream.” she chuckled.

“O-Oh, goodnight then” I went straightly to the room. I don’t know why but I’m blushing so hard. Our face were so close just now.

Yeji’s POV
It’s 12:07am and I’m still not sleeping. I can’t sleep though. Not gonna lie, my cheek hurts like hell. Why am I so unlucky these days??

I got a fever the day before yesterday, got punched last night and got slapped because of a shirt today. I’m so frustrated but somehow I felt happy too?

Chaeryeong was taking care of me though and she’s worried about me too. I guess that’s the reason why I’m happy. I’m like being unlucky and lucky at the same time.

She’s so soft and gentle when she’s taking care of me. How she wiped my face when I’m sweating due to fever, how she cleaned my wound last night and how she applied the cream on my cheek gently just now.

She’s so perfect you know. I think I’m falling for her deeper, I just can’t resist. Like come on, she’s Chaeryeong. The one and only perfect Lee Chaeryeong.

Soon I’m getting tired and tired so I close my eyes, letting myself to sleep after the huge mess that happened today.