Chapter 12

Yeji’s POV
Lia and I were about to head back home after we finished our dinner. As we were leaving the restaurant, I couldn’t find my phone.

“Lia, do you have my phone with you?” I asked, slightly panicked.
“No I don’t. Where did you put it, do you remember?” Lia asked. I shook my head.
“Let’s go back to our shop and search for your phone then, maybe you left it there” Lia said. I nodded and we turn around to the direction where our shop is.

While I was unlocking the front door of my shop, I heard someone running towards us. She shouted our name. Lia and I lifted our head up and found out it was Chaeryeong. I was in shocked. She was crying while running towards us.

“Yeji unnie! Help me!” she hugged in front of me, her face buried on my chest. Her tears were all over her face.
“What happened Chaeryeong? Why are you crying?” Lia and I said in unison.
“I-I went b-back home and t-there’s two men r-robbing my h-house” she can’t even speak properly. I could feel her whole body shaking in fear as she was hugging me.
“Let’s get in to the shop, relax yourself first” I said as I handed the keys to Lia and told her to lock the door after we got in. I patted softly on Chaeryeong’s back and comforted her.

Lia poured a cup of warm water for Chaeryeong. She stopped crying but I could still see she’s still frightened at what happened. My heart hurts seeing her like this.

“Feeling better now?” Lia asked Chaeryeong.
“Y-Yes…” she speaks with a trembling tone.
“What happened Chaeryeong?” I asked, looking very worried as I keep patting her back.
“I saw two men robbing my house when I walked h-home. They have k-knives holding in their hand” Chaeryeong said.
“Did you call the police?” Lia asked.
“No I d-didn’t, it’s too quiet over there, they will hear me if I speak” Chaeryeong replied. Lia took her phone and called the police immediately. I told Chaeryeong to calm herself as I left her for a while to search for my phone.

As I got to the cafe area’s counter, I found my phone right there. I placed it there earlier, I forgot to take it with me when I left my shop. I turn on my phone and noticed I had unread messages.

 I turn on my phone and noticed I had unread messages

It’s from Chaeryeong. I felt so bad. I didn’t help her at the first place when she’s in danger.

I got back to where Chaeryeong is and sits beside her. It was very late already, we should get back home.

“Chaeryeong-ah, why don’t you sleep at my place for now? It’s dangerous if you get back to your house though” I asked Chaeryeong.
“Yeah, Yeji’s right. I’m sure you’re still scared of what happened. It would be better if someone’s there accompanying you” Lia said.
“S-Sure” Chaeryeong replied.

We walked out from the shop, Lia locks the door and we walk down the street together, going to our apartment. We separated when we arrived our apartment. Lia enters her own unit while Chaeryeong is with me.

“Take a shower first, Chaeryeong” I gave her a spare towel and my shirts for her.
“T-Thanks unnie” she said. She went inside the bathroom. I cleaned my bed for her, and I took away the photo frame on the bedside table. I put the frame inside my drawer. I don’t know why but I think it isn’t the right time yet to tell her about it. After a while, she came out of the bathroom. She looks so pretty even when she’s wearing only a normal outfit, an oversized t-shirt and short pants.

“Are you okay now, Chaeryeong?” I asked in a worried tone.
“Yes unnie…”
“Have you eaten your dinner? Do you want to eat something?” I smiled at her.
“I haven’t take my dinner yet unnie, I’m a bit hungry..” she pouted. It's the first time I saw her pout after so many years, it’s very cute though, not gonna lie.
“Sorry but I only have instant noodles left in my house, is it okay for you?” I asked.
“That will do unnie, I don’t mind” she smiled weakly.

I walked to the kitchen to prepare the noodles for her. I told her to sit down at the living room. “Here’s your noodle, Chaer. Make yourself comfortable like home, I’ll leave you here for a while to have a shower. You can go to my bedroom when you’re done eating” I told her as I patted her head.