Chapter 28

Yeji’s POV
“Ouch… My head hurts so much” I whispered as I woke up.

Gosh, I can smell the alcohol on my body. I looked at the clock and it shows 12:24pm.

I went to the bathroom to take a shower and clean myself quickly since I still have to go for work.

I remembered every thing I did last night. I got home and Chaeryeong was… waiting for me to come home? Once again, she took care of me again last night.

Honestly I’m worried about what I told her last night. What if she starts distancing herself from me?

I also remembered that she say she likes me too. Does she really mean it or is it just to make me feel better? I don’t know.

And yeah I guess she saw the photo frame already… Honestly I’m not ready yet to tell her about this. What if she hates me for leaving? I sighed.

Argh whatever. I should stop thinking this for now. I’m so late for work. I might have a talk with Chaeryeong at night.

I went out quickly as I’m panicking. It’s already 1: 23pm now.

“Unnie, where are you going?” Chaeryeong asked. She’s standing in front of the kitchen stove. She’s cooking something.

“Work.” I replied.

“Stay here, unnie. You’re having a day off today, I’ve already told Lia unnie about it.” I stood there and I didn’t utter a word.

“Come here unnie, I’ve made you some food to eat.” she then placed a plate of eggs and bacon on the dining table.

“T-Thank you.” I sat down and eat the food she cooked quietly.

“It’s Friday today, Chaeryeong. Why are you here? You should be at work. Your one week rest has ended.”

“I’ve requested another day off.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Because of you.” I startled at her answer. What does she mean by that?

“I don’t get what you’re saying, Chaeryeong.”

“I bet you have something to tell me, am I right? Unnie?” She walked towards and she sat beside me.

“I…” Should I say it now? Clearly she might have know every thing already though. But I don’t know if I’m ready or not… What if she hates me?

“Why did you leave?” she asked.

“H-Huh?”

“Years ago, why did you leave? Why did you just left me alone waiting? I’ve waited for so long and end up all I’ve waited is my parents saying that you left already.” she said in a sad tone.

“I…” I can’t even utter a word right now. My heart is pounding fast right now. I sighed deeply and calmed myself down. Even if I’m not ready, or maybe things will end up badly later, I should say it now.

“That day, I never thought I would leave Korea. I was about to go to the field, where the time we always meet each other. But my parents told me to pack my stuffs and they told me to get in the car after packing. I asked my parents if I could go to the field for a while just for the last time, so I could bid you goodbye but my parents disagree. I was forced to leave Korea to study abroad in England. I have no idea about it until that day I left Korea. To be honest, I don’t want to.”

“I’m sorry, Chaeryeong. For letting you wait for so long alone, and end up being told that I had left. I didn’t mean to and I’m not happy at all when I left. I didn’t get to know your name.”

“It’s been years and I’ve never seen you after I left. I’ve been missing you every day and night. I wanted to find you. Two years ago I came back to Korea from England. I went to where we lived years ago but you and your family had moved. I’ve tried to search for you but I failed.”

“Although I failed to find you, I didn’t think of giving up. Instead, I decided to open a flower shop. A flower shop that I hoped the girl I love would show up one day. I decorated the exterior of the shop with the style you like. Do you remember when I asked you about how you wished your house looks like? I decorated a lot of gladiolus flowers outside the shop, just to hope that you would be attracted to it and at visit my shop.”

“And you showed up. The day we first met at my cafe after so many years, I stared at you. I felt so familiar and soon, days went by and we spent some time knowing each other. That’s how I know it’s you. I’ve found you.” I explained and told her everything. We looked at each other. I looked into her eyes, tears were forming.

“Unnie…Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Why didn’t you tell me that it’s you?”

“Because you’d forgotten. I was going to tell you but I thought it’s not the right timing yet. Plus, I’m scared.”

“S-Scared?”

“Yes, I’m scared. I’m afraid that you’ll hate me because of how I left you alone. I left silently, leaving you there alone, waiting.” I replied and she didn’t say anything.

“I don’t want to lose you again, Chaeryeong. I’ve been waited for so long, just to find you. And I’m sorry, for my behaviour last night and the day before yesterday. I’m sorry for being jealous. I know I have no rights to be jealous, because… we’re just friends. I’m sorry for being selfish. I’m very sorr-” she cut me off and she pulled me for a hug.

“I’ve never forget about you, unnie. I’ve always felt familiar when I’m with you. I just didn’t thought it was you. And I would never hate you, unnie. Why would I? You are the person who made me feel comfortable, who made me feel safe, who made me happy.”

“I like you too, unnie. I like you a lot.” my eyes were widely opened and I’m stunned.

I don’t know what to response. My heart is beating rapidly and I can’t even utter a word. Did she say she likes me?

“Unnie? Why are you ignoring me again?” she asked and I snapped out.

“I-I don’t know what to say… W-What about Ryujin?”

“Pfft, silly. Ryujin and I went out to prepare a surprise for Lia unnie.”

“Huh? A surprise?”

“Ryujin told me she likes Lia unnie, she wanted to give her a surprise date but she have no idea how so I helped her.” she chuckled and we pulled back from the hug.

“You didn’t even let me explain that night. You kept cut me off. I was about to say what Ryujin and I are doing though…” she pouted.

“I’m sorry Chaeryeong… I’m too jealous when I see you and Ryujin… I shouldn’t do that you..” I looked down and then she cupped my face, lifting my head slightly, facing to her.

“Unnie, do you know that you are really cute when you’re jealous?” she chuckled and I gulped. I could feel my cheeks getting hotter. I’m fluttered.

She removed her hands from my face and I held her wrist. Since we already confessed our feelings towards each other, I’m not letting her go though. I want her to be mine.

“Would you be mine, Chaeryeong? I love you, a lot.” I intertwined her fingers, looking at her, waiting for her answer.

“Of course I would!” she nodded her head with a big smile hanging on her face. I went up and hugged her tightly.

Is this even real? Finally, the person I waited for so long, is finally mine. Finally. Tears of joy rolled down on my cheeks. I was so scared that she would hate me before.