Chapter 9

Chaeryeong’s POV
It’s been two days since I last visited Yeji unnie’s shop. I’ve been working these days and I’m feeling a bit stressed and tired. Since I’m having a day off today, I think I could have a visit at the flower shop and relax myself there.

I reached the shop within about 30 minutes. I entered the shop and I noticed there’s a girl cleaning the shop. Did they hire another worker?

“Hey, Chaeryeong” Lia unnie waved her hands at me with a big smile, welcoming me.
“Good afternoon, Lia unnie” I smiled at her.
“Oh, this is Yuna. Yuna, this is Chaeryeong” Lia said.
“Nice meeting you, Chaeryeong… unnie?” Yuna said.
“Nice to meet you too, Yuna. I’m 21.” I response.
“I’m 19, Chaeryeong unnie” she chuckled.

“Lia unnie, where’s Yeji unnie?” I asked Lia unnie. Yeji unnie wasn’t at the cafe area.
“She went out to buy food ingredients” Lia replied to me.
“Unnie, do you want to drink anything?” Yuna asked me with a smile on her face. She’s cute though.
“Yes sure, I would like a cup of iced americano please” I smiled at Yuna.

Yuna went to the kitchen to make my coffee. I sat down at the dining area, looking at the street view outside from the glass window. Yuna placed the coffee on my table and she sat down on the same table as mine. Since there was no customers in the cafe area, Yuna and I start chatting.

“So you’re the girl that unnies kept saying… Chaeryeong unnie, you’re pretty” Yuna smirked and complimented me. I was confused about what Yuna told me. “What did the unnies say about me?” a curious expression came out from my face.

“Lia unnie keep teases Yeji unnie about you. She says Yeji unnie likes you” Yuna smirked, looking at me. I blushed a little after hearing what Yuna told me. “Yeji unnie likes me?” I thought inside my mind.
“Do you like Yeji unnie? You’re blushing” Yuna pointed me and laughed.
“N-No I don’t like her, Yuna” I shook my head looking at her.
“I’m just joking, unnie” she chuckled.

“You just got hired here? Why didn’t I see you few days ago?” I asked Yuna.
“I only come here on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as a part timer after my school dismissed” she replied.
“Oh I see” I smiled at her and I heard a bell rang when someone opened the door. It’s Yeji unnie.

“Oh hey, Chaeryeong, nice seeing you here today” Yeji unnie looked at me with her beautiful smile on her face.
“Hi Yeji unnie” I smiled at her.
“Don’t you have work to do today?” she asked me.
“I’m having day off today”
“Oh okay” she response. Yuna then left to help Yeji unnie to carry the bags, arranging everything to where it should be. Yeji unnie sits down in front of me. She looks exhausted when she came back. The weather outside was hot. She took some tissue and wiped her forehead as she’s sweating a lot. She looks beautiful, as always. I didn’t notice I was staring at her. I snapped out and shook my head. I drink my coffee quietly looking down at the table, preventing myself from blushing again.

“What’s your occupation?” Yeji unnie asked.
“A teacher in the daycare near here” I smiled.
“It must be a tiring job to do”
“Yeah, but it’s fun sometimes, the kids there are cute” I chuckled. We talked for a while. As the time went by, it’s already 5:23pm when I looked at my phone. Yeji unnie left me alone to clean the shop. I payed at the counter for my coffee.

Suddenly, someone walked in. It’s a girl, with short hair.
“Hello Ryujin” Lia unnie and Yeji unnie said in unison.
“Chaeryeong-ah, this is Ryujin. Yuna’s elder sister” Yeji unnie introduced her, looking at me.
“Oh n-nice to meet you, Ryujin. I’m Chaeryeong”
“Nice meeting you too” she smiled at me, with her whiskers out, she’s nice. She’s here to pick Yuna home.
“Bye unnies” Yuna waved her hand at us, walking away from the shop.
“Bye Yuna” we said in unison, waving our hands too, watching Yuna and Ryujin leaving.

“Do you want to eat dinner with us?” Lia unnie asked me as she pats my shoulder. I hesitated for a while, I didn’t want to disturb them though. “Come on, let’s just eat together, my treat” Yeji unnie says, she smiled at me. “Wow, you haven’t treated me for years and you’re treating now because Chaeryeong’s here?” Lia said jokingly, she smirked while looking at Yeji unnie. I looked at Yeji unnie, she rolled her eyes on Lia unnie. Cute. They closed the shop after and we walked down the street.

We arrived at a restaurant and sits down at our seats. Yeji unnie started to order our food and drinks. We were talking happily. They even share their stories about when they were classmates back then. We laughed a lot. The food is here, we started to enjoy our dinner. Yeji unnie, who sits beside me, keep on looking at my plate. It looks a bit empty actually, I didn’t take much food. “Chaeryeong-ah, you should eat more, don’t starve yourself” Yeji unnie smiled warmly looking at me, patted my head and grabbed some meat and vegetables for me. I face down looking at my food, eating quietly. I was blushing at how Yeji unnie smiled at me and how she patted my head.