Chapter 4: Aiden

"Chosen? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I asked frowning.
"Aiden, please, I can't tell you yet you have to discover it for yourself," my mom said looking down guiltily.
I sighed, "ok fine," then I looked away.
"Why don't you got get your stuff and I'll drive us to the pancake house right before school," my mom offered.
"Ok, sounds awesome!" I said immediately perking up. I loved the pancake house. I ran upstairs and grabbed my book bag and shoved all my books into it then sprinted downstairs. I looked at the clock and saw it was 5.
"Ok let's go then, you have everything?" My mom asked.
"Yep, I've got everything!" I said smiling widely. Then mom nodded and walked to our garage, as I followed her out I shut the lights off and turned our security passcode on. Then I walked out and got in the car with my mom. She turned on the radio and I listened to "She Looks So Perfect" for the fiftieth time this year. Of course we got stopped twice by a stop light, I hate those things. Then we were there at the pancake house.
"You excited?" Mom asked laughing at my childish smile.
"Yes! This the best thing ever! Breakfast at the pancake house on the first day of school, it doesn't get much better than that!" I said jumping out of the car and running to the door. Mom was walking over there while I was jumping in front of the door like I used to when I was 8. That was 8 years ago and yet here I was again doing it again.
"Mom, hurry up," I whined like a 2 year old.
"I'm coming I'm coming," mom said laughing. When she finally came up to the door I opened it for her and we both walked inside and got a table. It was 6 by the time we were done eating.
"That was awesome! I loved it thanks mom," I said smiling and hugged her.
"Aw, you're welcome sweetie," she said hugging me back. "You ready to go to school?" She asked.
"I guess," I muttered.
"Ok, now let's go," she said laughing at my mood swing. We both stood up and mom payed the bill, then we left after saying thank you. We got in the car and the journey to school began.
"Mom, what do I do if I act up?" I asked.
"Just ask to use the restroom if it's in class, if it's in the hallway just go to the bathroom and look in the mirror, take deep breaths then after you've calmed down fix your hair then go back out with your head held high," mom said fully confident that I wouldn't have any trouble.
"Thanks mom, I'll try to do what you said," I said.
"No."
"What do you mean no?" I asked confused.
"You won't try, you will," mom said not looking at me.
"Ok I guess."
"No."
"No what?" I asked again.
"There is no I guess, there is no try, there is no doubt, have faith in yourself and you can do anything," mom said glancing at me.
"Ok then," I said looking out at our road ahead. The car ride was silent for the rest of the way until we got to the school.
"Good luck remember what I said, no doubt and believe in yourself. I love you," mom said smiling at me.
"I will, I love you too," I said getting out of the car and looked at the school, I saw students filing into the school and buses pulling up. I took a deep breath then walked toward the entrance.

(A/N)

Ok so what do you guys think? I know most people skip author notes but oh whale. So i want you all to go and check out my best friend's story and account, penguin__hemmo96 she is just starting but is a really good writer. Her story is called Lost Boy, so go to her account and start reading her story for me, love you guys and keep reading!!