Chapter 19: Aiden

As I sprinted in my wolf form I got to Dylan's house and howled outside before sprinting ahead and howling outside of Ryan's house before running to Roselyn's house if I wasn't in wolf form I would've been crying. I turned a corner and there it was, the sad vacant 2 story grey house. I glanced at a puddle and saw my black fur turned lighter, to a dark brown with a white furry underbelly. I shook my head and ran to the front door turning human on my trip there. I knocked on the door and I felt a rush of wind and turned around and saw Dylan and Ryan, Dylan had omega eyes still but there were small hints of beta. His glowing blue eyes changed to their warm dark brown eyes, Ryan was a dirty blonde enchanter with these blue eyes they weren't like my old eyes that were bright blue, they were a ghostly blue that looked almost had the same look as Alice, like someone might point out that he had magic and was gonna call the cops. I know it's a dumb idea to come in the middle of the week to see them when we were going to work on this over the weekend, but we have to practice as much as possible and I need to talk to them about my mother.
"I'm still her, don't worry Aiden you are the strongest werewolf I know," I heard her say and I felt tears start to come to my eyes, dammit I miss her so much.
"Aiden are you alright?" Dylan asked, I looked up and saw concern written all over his face.
"Yeah, I'll explain everything inside," I said blinking back the tears that were about to fall.
"Ok, I guess," he said a little upset, maybe he just wanted to know what happened? Or does he has some feelings for me and he wants to comfort me?
"Aiden, what are you doing here?" I heard a familiar voice say behind me, the one time I miss someone opening a door is the time that a freaking boy I think is cute is concerned about me. I'm not boy crazy or anything but I just think he's cute.
"Rose, I have a story for you."
She let us in after that and led up to a sad looking living room, Roselyn had taken the honor of ripping her father out of all the pictures and laying all the pictures with her mother in them face down, only Roselyn remained in family. I glanced at other pictures on the wall of different family members, but Roselyn walked over to a few of them and flipped them over letting me know that her father was slowly killing all of her distant family members. Her cousins were the only ones left, then it will just be Roselyn.
"So Aiden, what's this story you have for us?" Roselyn asked sitting down on the couch with Alice, Ryan, and Dylan. I say across from them in an arm chair and I sighed and looked down.
"Alright, just don't say anything if I start to cry," I whispered already feeling tears as I thought of what had happened. They all nodded when I glanced up in their direction.
"Alright, my mom was driving me here on request so I could talk more in depth about what was happening this weekend. On our way here a drunk driver swung into the right lane, the one my mom was driving on, and we got hit head on. I blacked out and we went to the hospital, when I was aloud to leave my room even though I had a bunch of broken bones, I was let into my mom's room and she was lying there, she was ok but then she cut off and she died, the life support went offline because it had been unplugged. Then after that it was a messy blur, I'm pretty sure it's on the news though," I said and tears were falling, an alpha showing weakness, the world is ending.
"Turn on the news," Dylan said with authority then realized his mistake "sorry, please." Roselyn nodded and turned on the tv to the news.
"Breaking news! We interrupt this forecast to bring you a new story. At a local hospital there was an explosion in room 116 and a loud howl. Most everyone in the building fainted and those who didn't were not able to move for unknown reasons. The rest was caught on the cameras," a reporter said and turned to the screen behind him. There I was looking just like I did in Alice's vision. Then I changed to full wolf and my black fur was streaked with white, then I held my head up and howled a white beam came from my mouth then I turned and jumped out a window on my way to Roselyn house.
"What is odd about this tape is if I go only 10 minutes before this event," the reporter said and rewinded the playback to when I came inside with the nurse. There was no sound as I walked to my mother's bedside and collapse next to her bed with tears running freely down my face. Mom brushed a hand through my tangled bloody hair and was talking to me. Then I saw it. Just a flicker of a shadowy figure rushing toward the life support system and unplugging it. The heart monitor stopped and I glanced toward the life support, the screen went blood red and a scream was heard from the muted camera system, it turned to a terrible howl of pain that sounded just like a wolf's. The red smoke cleared and there I was.
"Rewind it!" I yelled out, "go back to where I was sitting next to my mom's bed!" Roselyn fumbled with the remote and cursed when she dropped it twice, when she finally got ahold of the remote she went back to where I requested. "Now pause it!" I screeched standing up.
"Ok I gotcha," Roselyn muttered as the others looked at me like I was crazy. There it was, a vampire, not Roselyn or Dracula, it was Joseph! Bright red eyes with hate filled in them, darkness surrounded him but it didn't hide his face. Roselyn stood up and hissed,
"I knew it."
"That son of a bitch! He's such a betrayer!" Alice yelled. The other two looked up in confusion.
"We have to hunt him, now," Roselyn hissed her hair growing into its long black silky form, her eyes changed to a dull red and bat wings came from her back. The true vampire has come, and the true alpha was close.