Chapter 5: Alice

I walked home and sat down on my couch when mom opened the door and came in.
"I thought I had heard you come inside, why were you outside in the first place?" My mom asked.
"I needed to clear my head," I said looking up.
"Well you need to do less of that and more time practicing your magic and controlling it," she said obviously disappointed at how I had spent my time.
"I'm sorry but you used to always tell me that clearing my head is just as important," I said looking down.
"Not anymore, the time is almost here, your destiny, now you have to really focus so you can be ready," mom said glaring at me. I felt my hair heat up with my powers.
"Mother, why are we doing this at 5 in the morning?" I asked.
"Doing what?" She asked
"Arguing about how I spend my time, it's my time and I can spend it how I want to because I'm 16, I'm not a baby anymore," I said fiercely, I knew my hair was all red now, I could see the glow that it was casting on my mom's face.
"This is why you need control! Your hair is all red again!" She said frowning.
"Where did your control go when you killed my real mom?" I snapped standing up. I hit a sore spot, a very sore spot.
"Go upstairs to your room, now," she said obviously angry.
"Whatever, but I'm done following your orders to control and practice, I have more control now," I said cooling down then walking up the stairs. I got dressed in a green shirt and deep blue jeans with white converse. I brushed my hair so it was naturally wavy. Then walked downstairs after putting on mascara.
"There you are, took you long enough to get ready, it's time to go the bus will be here any minute," my mom said as I walked down. I nodded
"I'll see you after school," I said and grabbed my bag from the kitchen and walked outside to the end my driveway. I looked over and saw a new girl with black and purple hair, she looked extremely nervous. Then the bus came and picked her up and I walked over and got on as well. The seats were almost all full except for a few in the back and I saw the new girl back there. I made my way back there until a girl tripped me, I stubbled but was caught by the new girl, I could've sworn she was in the far back a few seconds ago.
"Thanks," I said to her and she nodded as I stood again.
"What the hell was that for?" The new girl asked the laughing girl who tripped me. I took note of the intense purple eyes the new girl had, she was angry.
"Nothing really, I just remember her from last year she was such a freak," the girl said laughing harder. "I'm Kathy by the way new girl." She said.
"Leave her alone, you don't know what she has probably been through, she isn't a freak, she's probably just misunderstood," the new girl growled at Kathy. Things are going to get bad in about a second.

(A/N)
So just letting you all know that I will be writing from Roselyn's point of view next, keep reading lovelys it's about to get really good!