9. Did She?

Friday finally came. I'm needing a break, bad. I have hung out with Alex and the squad for the last several days. Today is not any different but tonight I have a date.

She might not be Taylen but she's pretty. We've hung out some in the past but I've never actually taken her out. I get my lunch heated up and walk out the doors on the far side of the gym. The girls are pretty shy and don't talk to anyone so of course they sit as far away from people as possible.

Alex is not sitting with them at the moment. "Hey girlies," I pretend to flip my hair and look like a diva, as I walk up to them. They both laugh.

Jaelynn and Tristan have a box of Cheez-Its and are passing it back and forth. I sit down on Taylen's right and steal a handful of crackers. I found out yesterday that she has an entire locker full of food. She put all her books in Jae's locker and filled her with food that she shared with everyone.

Alex shows up ten minutes later. We were discussing this older guy that keeps flirting with Jae, it's disturbing. "What are y'all doing this weekend?" Tay asks us.

"I'm going to hang out with Devin," Alex says. Taylen scrunches her nose.

"Horse show, like usual," Jae says. They all look at me.

"I gotta go on a date tonight but other than that I don't know," I tell them.

"Oh," Tay says.

"What about you?" I decided to ask.

"Oh, I was thinking about going shopping with Raye but I don't know. Dylan wanted me to come over."

"Ugh, not him again," Alex groans.

Jae joins in, " I thought you liked someone else now."

"I do but he doesn't like me back and besides I still kinda like Dylan," Taylen gets a small pout on her face.

I wonder who she likes. How could they not like her back? Taylen is smart, beautiful, and is fun to be around.

After school, I drive home, excited for my date. Her name is Gracelyn but she goes by Gracie. She has blonde hair and the most beautiful chocolate eyes. I go inside and hug Mom. You could say I have been a bit clingy since Tuesday. I didn't mention it to any of my friends though.

I go upstairs and shower. I get out and put on jeans. I don't really like jeans. They're uncomfy. I quickly check my phone. I have a message from Bryan, wanting me to go to a party. I say that I have plans and continue getting ready. I look in my closet for the nice shirt I have. I have a black, Under Armour windbreaker. I put it on and glance in the mirror. I think I look pretty good.

I get Mom's blow dryer and go back to my bathroom. My hair is quickly dried. I put on deodorant and a bit of cologne. I slip on my white shoes and grab the things I need. I go back downstairs and get some water. I hug Mom and tell her that I'm going on a date.

"Be back before 12:30," she said sternly. It is normally an hour earlier but since I'm going to Downtane, she is giving me a bit extra.

"Yes, ma'am," I kiss her cheek and walk out the door.

I am really excited. I shuffle my playlist and a song by the Vamps comes on. I begin the three hour journey. I am supposed to pick her up at seven. I make it with minutes to spare.

I take a minute to calm my nerves before walking up to her front door. I hesitate for a second before knocking three times. A man, probably in his early fifties, opens the door. I stick my hand to introduce myself. He looks at my hand before rolling his eyes.

"Grace, it's for you!" he yells.

He steps aside and allows me to walk in. I shut the door behind me. A woman walks in the room. She walks up to me. I stick my hand out and this time, it's shaken.