63. Always and Forever, Peter Grayson

"I-I don't w-want to lose you-u," I said, starting to really cry.

Taylen looked at me with such loving concern in her eyes, "Sweetheart, we've talked about this. I'm not going anywhere."

I tried to stop the emotions that were freely flowing out of me, but it was no use. "You could do so much better than me. You should be someone like Quinn, not me."

"How did he get brought into this?" she asked, but I avoided the question by sniffing loudly.

"Peter Grayson, I love you. I am not going anywhere," Tay said, almost stern, as she gazed into my eyes.

If only you knew...

I thought about spilling my guts right then and there, but that would have been selfish of me. She had a competition first thing in the morning and a squad counting on her, I wouldn't throw her off.

"I don't know why," I mumbled.

"You don't know why what?"

"Nothing," I replied quickly. I was ready to go back to my hotel room and sleep.

"No, Peter. What did you say?"

"I said I don't know why you love me," I said as quietly as I could before she got onto me again.

"Why wouldn't I, Peter?"

"Because I am a total fuck-up!" I yelled.

Her eyes glazed over, and she grabbed my arm and opened the room door. Jaelynn's eyes were wide as she took in the sight of us. Taylen was obviously mad and upset, and I had barely stopped crying.

"Jae, can you find somewhere else to be for about half an hour?" Taylen asked her sweetly.

"Uh, sure," Jaelynn hesitated but left the room quietly.

"Peter, let's talk this out calmly, and we'll go from there."

"I want to go to bed," I said quickly and tried to leave.

"You take one more step towards that door, and you will be a sorry little boy," Taylen said in a scary stern voice, one she never uses with me.

I froze and turned to face her.

"Come over here and sit."

"Yes ma'am," I sighed, disappointed in myself for getting in trouble again, "I'm sorry."

"I know. What is bothering you?"

"I just feel like you could do so much better than me. There are hotter guys, guys who are better at basketball, guys that could love you better, guys that aren't as fucked up like me," I said sadly.

"Peter Grayson, I think you are the most handsome hottest guy there is at our school. I love your hair, your eyes, your muscles, everything about you. I don't care whether or not you're good at basketball, you are by the way. Peter, I love the way you care about me. You didn't have to come with me to this thing, you don't have to make me coffee, you don't have to worry about me, you do those things because you love me. I wouldn't want it any other way. Sweetheart, you are not "fucked up". You are a million things, but fucked up is one of them. A rapist is fucked up, not you," Taylen went on a rant and said all the things I needed to hear.

"I have never heard you say that word," I said, trying to lighten the mood.

"That's because I don't like swearing. I am warning you now that if you say it in my presence again, I will wash your mouth out with soap. Your momma doesn't allow it, and neither do I. Do you know what other rule you broke?" she asked.

I went down my mental list. I swore, I wasn't communicating very well, and I was talking down about myself.

"I wasn't communicating, and I was talking down to myself," I looked at the floor, suddenly finding the bed skirt very interesting.