16. Wonderful Time

It was finally Friday, the day of my first date with Taylen. I'm not completely nervous because I had Mom help me plan everything, and she's convinced Tay is going to love it.

My alarm goes off, and I'm already awake. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I got up and went to my closet. Since we have a game tonight, I wore jeans and a green short-sleeved shirt.

I hopped in the shower and washed my hair. I finished getting ready and headed downstairs. Mom is putting oatmeal and yogurt on the table. At my house,  sometimes we eat really healthy and sometimes we don't.

"Morning, bubby," Mom says as she pressed her cheek to mine.

The triplets came down the stairs at the same time.

"Gross," Bryson said, looking at the table. Mom fixed him with a look, and he wisely said nothing else. Mom walked out of the kitchen to find Dad.

"So Petey Pie," Auston began, using my nickname from a million years ago, "you gotcha a date tonight?"

"Yep," I replied.

"Atta boy," he smacks my butt, hard. I wince slightly.

Bryson walks over to me, " Remember, DO NOT tap it unless you've wrapped it," he says seriously, putting his hand on my shoulder.

I gave him a look. "It's the first date. We're not going to have sex."

Mom walked back into the room in the middle of my sentence.

"Peter!" She scolded.

"What?!?" I ask defensively.

Mom just glared at me and started passing out bowls. Dad walked in wearing khakis and an orange, Valley polo shirt.

"Morning, kiddos," he said, cheery.

"Morning," we all said in unison.

I started eating yogurt with granola, strawberries, and bananas in it.

"So games tonight. Nan and Pop will be there."

"Yep," Mom said, smiling at us. Mason rolled his eyes. Ever since the whole fight, he's been polite but still not himself.

"What are you doing with Taylen tonight, baby?" Mom asked me.

"Well, I'm planning to take her out to eat then to the lakeside to look at stars and eat ice cream," I replied.

"Oh, that'll be wonderful!" Mom exclaimed and put her hands to her heart.

Mom smirked at me and looked at her wristwatch. "You better go if you don't want to be late."

"Yes, ma'am."

I kiss her cheek and grab my backpack and walk out the door. I'm one of those people who measure time with songs. The drive to school takes about 10 songs.

I didn't have time to go to the gym before class, so I went directly to Mrs. Clay's. The day goes by in a blur, and before I know it, I'm on my way home.

As soon as I walk in the door, Mom is already fawning over getting me ready. She sends me to the shower with a pat on my lower back.

I washed my hair and scrubbed my body extra well. 7 songs later, I'm dressed in black shorts and a random t-shirt. I lay on the couch while Mom made me a snack. Soon she calls me into the kitchen. She got out grapes and peanut butter.

While we eat, we talk about Taylen, school, and my least favorite topic of my parents. After we finish, it's almost 4:30. The game starts at 6, which means we have to be there at 5:30, meaning we have to leave at 5, meaning I have to start getting ready at 4:45.