45. With You? Always.

"Can I do your makeup?" I asked her as she tied her hair into a bun.

Tay gave me a wary look, "If you follow my very specific instructions."

"I will," I gave her a goofy grin.

She washed her face and brushed her teeth then sat down at her vanity. Her hair was already out of her face and she grabbed the first product.

"You're going to take this and put it all over my face. It's called primer."

I blended the kinda pink liquid into her skin. Then, she handed me a little circle of yellowish liquid.

"This goes on my eyelids," she commented.

I swiped my finger inside the canister and cringed, "Eww!! Why is it sticky?"

"It's another primer," she replied, giggling at me.

I swiped it across her eyes. Next, she handed me a pallet of eyeshadow.

"The color has to go with my outfit, so either you can pick the outfit or I can, but I'll tell you what colors."

"You would let me pick your outfit?" I asked, honestly surprised. She's very fashionable and is very particular about clothes.

"I would have veto privilege," her tone said 'duh'.

I walked over to her closet and opened it. Her closet was a walk in. It had bright lights and a huge mirror. It had shirts and dresses hanging up in color coded. She had a set of white drawers that had underwear, socks, bras, bathing suits, and the newest addition, Peter's drawer. I had a couple pairs of underwear and socks here. There were several of my t-shirts that she borrowed from the drawer time-to-time. I had two sweatpants and one pair of jeans in my drawer. Any hoodie or jacket I left there was fair game for Tay though, she told me so anyway. These clothes were things that I had left here or let her borrow.

I decided to look through the shirts and sweaters first. I decided on a medium gray sweater jacket thing and a white t-shirt. I walked over to the rack that held her jeans and picked a ripped pair of blue jeans. She approved of those as well. I took the hangers and put them on the empty rack that she uses to create her outfits for each week. We went back to her room and she sat back down on the white stool. She told me to use this rose-gold color for her eyes. Once I had coated her eyelid in the shimmery powder,  I attempted to do her eyeliner.

"Peter, there's an art to this and you're doing it wrong," she told me when I tried to use the very tip of it to make the line.

She tried to move my hand but I held strong and wouldn't let her.

"Peter, you're going to poke my eye out!" she raised her voice as I was fighting her.

I quit and we stared at each other. It was a battle of who was more stubborn and who had more determination.

"Sorry," I mumbled, pouting that I had lost, but of course, I had lost before it had even started.

I handed her the pen and she did her eyeliner and mascara.

I blended concealer and foundation into her skin. I gave her cheeks the rosy tint with her blush and I made her cheek bones sparkly along with the tip of her nose, the corners of her eyes, and right under her eyebrows. I finished off with a water looking spray.

"It looks pretty good," she commented, blending a little bit that I missed.

"Thanks," I beamed.

I went downstairs with Jason and Carter while she did her hair and got dressed. We were talking about trucks.

"Mine is a 2010 model Chevy-," I was interrupted by my phone.