28. Falling For Her

During 5th hour, when Taylen and I had math, Dad called us out of class.

"Mrs. Laura, Coach Harris would like to see TayleSanders aand Peter Harris in his office at your convenience," Mrs. Stone called over the intercom. It was towards the end of class when we were working on our homework so she let us go. Jae gave Tay a questioning look but she simply shrugged.

"Wonder what he wants," Tay commented after we had stepped outside.

"I think I might have an idea," I groaned as we walked into the gym.

Dad was sitting at his desk, obviously waiting on us. We sat down on the couch and the three of us stayed in an awkward silence for several minutes.

Finally Dad cleared his throat, "I called yall down here because we need to have a chat. Tay, do you mind stepping outside for a moment, I'll call you back in just a second."

"Sure," Tay left her bag and shut the door behind her.

The second the door was shut, Dad's expression went from blank to a furious glare quickly.

"I'm disappointed, kid," he said, getting right to the point.

"You literally got in trouble yesterday morning and then you stayed out all night. Mom gave you freedom yesterday and you abused it. She's not happy and so I'll leave the lecture to her. I also wanted you to know that Mrs. Miller told me about your English grade. You lied to us, more than once, and I'm pissed," he told me and my face fell.

Well butt, we had good times.

"That's all I want to say to you right now other than you have one hell of a whipping coming to you tonight. Tell Tay to come back. The three of us need to have a conversation."

The anticipation of what's to come might kill me.

"Yes sir," I replied and went to the door.

"Ok, so as much as I hate this, we need to have a talk. Are y'all being safe?" Dad asked once Tay and I had settled on the couch.

Taylen's face flashed in horror and I'm sure my expression was similar.

"Dad!" I yelled loudly and stood up.

"Peter Grayson, lower your voice and sit down," Dad demanded and when I didn't listen, he added sternly, "Now."

I still wasn't going to comply but Tay tugged my wrist and pulled me down.  She gave me a look but I ignored her.

"Rodger, we haven't had sex at all. We don't plan to either," Taylen explained softly and very embarrassed.

"No teenage pregnancies are planned," he snapped at her.

"Dad, stop. She didn't deserve that."

"I apologize. I just don't want to be a grandpa yet. If y'all ever decide to, you better use protection," he said seriously.

"We will, Dad," I sighed, just wanting to leave. 

"Ok, then I don't think I have anything else to say about that then. Peter, you are to come straight home after school, we have a lot to talk about," he glared at me again.

"Yes sir."

Taylen and I walked to the wall since it was lunchtime.

"Is he mad at you?" Tay asked gently.

"Not as much as my mom is, well actually I don't know. They're both really upset with me but not really for staying out all night. She literally spanked me before church yesterday because I was being a brat, and she didn't want to mess up my plans by grounding me, which is what she normally would do. Then, I accidentally stayed out all night without telling her until 2 o'clock in the morning. On top of that, I'm failing English and I've been lying about it and they found out. I'm dead," I said in a hushed voice even though I didn't think anyone was within earshot.