43. I'll Tell Her Tomorrow

Dad was not happy that Mom didn't ground me, and unfortunately, I heard them arguing about it. I hated when they fought and especially about me.

"You should've seen his butt, and heard the way he was crying and begging! The paddle was more than effective," Mom said her peace and then it was done.

Dad lectured me a little more, and then got over it. At lunch on Friday, Tay gave me a Christmas gift bag. I opened it and pulled out two packages of underwear. One was a normal pack of black and gray boxer briefs. The others were Christmas themed. There were Christmas lights, snowmen, candy canes, Christmas trees, Santa Clauses, and etc. One that made me laugh was a bunch of mooses with lights tangled in their antlers. On the seat of them it said 'meet me under the mooseltoe'. Tay's face heated up, "I didn't know that those were in there."

"Sure you didn't," I teased.

Her cheeks remained red for several minutes. Soon, it was time for us to go to class. I had a paper due on Friday, and I needed to write the introduction, conclusion,  and edit the whole thing.  I worked on that the whole hour. Coach G's we weren't doing anything, so I went to the gym. I shot around for a while before  crashing on Dad's couch. I was woken up by the bell. Thankfully, I had already dressed out. I headed out to the floor to do some of our warmups.

Dad came in a couple minutes later. Tay walked in with him.

"Ok guys, this little lady is incredibly persuasive. She's talked me into giving up two practices a week for the next three weeks, but we will have after school practice on those days. She's going to be teaching you guys a dance routine that you will be performing at the winter formal pep rally," Dad announced.

All my teammates looked at me and I shrugged. A few people chuckled, a couple groaned, and some were as confused as I was.

Tay took over, "Let's get started, y'all. Pay attention to your pairing. Obviously, Peter, you're with me. Blaine, you're with Zoey. Savannah and Gage, Bryson and Quinn, Jaelynn and Mason, Avery and Drew..." she continued to list off the pairings. It was a total coincidence that there were just enough dancers as there were ball players.

I silently walked over to her side, "You know you have got to start telling me when you're doing things like this. I always look just as confused as the rest of them and, Darlin', it's not a good look on me," I said quietly.

"Everything is a good look on you," she winked.

"The song we're dancing to is called Can't Dance by Meghan Trainor. The girls all know the dance already and your partner will show you personally," she said to everyone.

"You sure are bossy, babe," I whispered in her ear, nibbling slightly.

She gently pushed me away, smiling. "I'm well aware, Pumpkin. I've been told that my whole life."

Everyone went to their respective partner. Taylen began to teach me the first step. It was pretty simple, and I got it quickly.

"While we're on the subject of the pep rally, a big part of it is the talent show. I was really hoping that you'd be interested in doing a song with me?" she asked me after correcting my form, refusing to make eye contact.

I cleared my throat, "I don't sing."

"Peter, I've heard your voice," she said very quietly.

"Is this something you really want to do?" I replied with a sigh.

"No, it's fine," her voice was off, almost disappointed.

She quickly tried to change the subject, "Ok, on the part where it says woah, na na, you're stepping two seconds late."