41. You Mean the World to Me

"So what happened to your lip?" Taylen asked as we drove off campus.

I, somehow, had let her talk me into skipping my last three classes. Of course, I would need to get permission to do so without getting into trouble, but Dad is already wearing me out tonight, so I figured what the hell. Taylen didn't quite like that response but after a bit of light arguing, I won.

Taylen, being the good girl that she is, got permission from Jason. She simply explained that they weren't doing anything in those classes, she had 3 absences to waste before they even mentioned her taking semester tests, and it was that easy. He agreed happily. She didn't tell him that she was leaving with me though. I knew that I would be turned down if I asked Mom or Dad, so I decided this would be one of those situations where I asked for forgiveness later rather than asking for permission now. Stupid of me, I know.

I sighed. She had been wanting to ask me what happened since she saw me this morning.

"I got in a fight with Auston," I rolled my eyes.

Tay looked at me with a look that said 'go on'.

"He came into my room and asked me for help finding a girlfriend. I said 'don't know how much help I'll be'. He started making comments about you and how I got lucky. He told me that I'd fuck it up, and he's probably not wrong because I really do fuck everything up..."

She cut me off, "Hey! That's my boyfriend you're talking about."

I gave her a tight lipped smile.

"Peter," she started with a sigh but she didn't continue.

"Anyways he made a comment about my parents, so I got in his face and told him that he was going to stop making comments about you and my parents. Then he pushed me and a fight happened," I shrugged.

"Oh."

What does that mean?

"You don't seem surprised," I said.

"About what?"

"Auston having a crush on you."

She looked over at me with a strange look, "He's made a few comments to me as well."

"He what?!" I asked loudly.

"I've always ignored them and hyped you up," she defended herself.

I could get mad at her for not telling me, but I won't. I don't wanna fight.

"Ok."

"So I'll probably be grounded forever once they find out I skipped," I sighed annoyed.

"I shouldn't have suggested it, I'm sorry," Taylen said in an apologizing tone.

"I'm not. It'll probably be the last time we get to hang out for a while. Dad was pissed this morning."

She gave me a cheesy smile. We were in her truck and she was driving. I figured if my truck wasn't in the parking lot, Dad would find out a lot quicker. I also left my phone so he couldn't track me or call me when he found out.

We went to the lake spot where we went for our first date.

"I feel like I could say anything here and nobody would hear it, I guess. Just you," she said to me.

I smirked, "Go ahead and say anything."

"Only if you will."

"What do you want to know?" I asked, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Anything you think I should."

I thought for a minute. I really wanted to tell her that I loved her, but I feared that it's too soon and she wouldn't say it back.