Drowning

Y/N's POV:-

It was a bright day, perfect for the beach, you thought. So you packed up your basket and drove to the beach for an amazing day with yourself. Friends are nice, but sometimes you liked alone time and you have nob boyfriends, no one just caught your attention.

You laid your towel on the sand and removed your summer dress so you would be in your bikini and laid down on it, deciding to tan a bit after applying sunscreen. You watched the other people playing in the water and making sandcastles, then read a book for a while. 

Then you decided to get in the water too. You smiled at the coolness of the water you felt against your body and moved deeper and further into the waters. 

What you didn't expecting, was a huge tide. You were facing the other side and suddenly water enveloped you. You were drowning.

You choked and inhaled gushed of water, trying to stay afloat.

You hoped someone would see you and rescue you.

_____________________________________________________________

Louis' POV:-

"Nice day right?", Liam said next to me as we looked at the people through our binoculars during our lifeguard duty. 

"Yep." I smiled in approval. "Woah.", Liam gasped as we saw a huge tide and I got up from my chair.

"Check if everyone are okay.", I said. I was a doctor, Niall who's a lifeguard went to grab a snack so I'm replacing him. 

"Mate, mate do you see a girl there?", Liam pointed out and I looked. Sure enough, there was a girl who looked like she was drowning.

"Alert the others.", I said before running up towards the waters. I pulled of my shirt and swam to the girl.

She was passed out, but not completely drowned yet. I locked my arms around her and swam back to the shore, Liam, Niall and Harry already there with supplies.

"Faint pulse.", Harry said as we kneeled next to her.

I started to push on her tummy and water started coming out of her mouth but she was not responsive. "Miss, can you hear me?", I said as Harry listened to her heart with his stethoscope. Suddenly he gasped.

"She stopped breathing."

"Shit.", I curse and go to her face, I tilted her chin upwards and opened her mouth, holding it open with my thumb, my other hand resting on her forehead, index and thumb fingers pinching her nose as I leaned to give her mouth to mouth, Harry doing CPR when I pulled away. 

We continued the cycle once but then her eyes fluttered open. I patted her cheek. "Hey, are you hurting anywhere? I'm a doctor, the curly one is too, these two are lifeguards. Can you hear me?"

She weakly nodded, her eyes were a beautiful y/e/c (your eye color). She started to cough more water out and I helped her turn to her side. 

"It's okay, that's good.", Harry said patting her hand and I rubbed her back. "A-A-Am I o-ok?", she stuttered out when she was done, looking exhausted. 

"Yes, love, we're gonna take you to our clinic okay? It's right there.", I told her and she nodded. I scooped her up and placed her on the stretcher.

"We got it, you guys can go.", Harry told Niall and Liam who went back to lifeguard duty. Harry and I carried the stretcher to the clinic.

"Mate we lost again!", Zayn said who was watching football. "Like seriously how do they-"

"Female, drowning, faint pulse, was unconscious, start an IV.", I cut him off and he jumped up now taking in the situation as the girl was moved to the bed. 

"Can you tell us your name?", Harry asked grabbing a clipboard while I fiddled with the oxygen mask.

"Y-Y/N.", she whispered. "Y/N, I'm gonna place this is over your face, you're gonna take some nice deep breaths for me alright?", I said putting the oxygen mask over her face and she gave me a nod. Y/N. Nice name. Okay Louis concentrate. I hadn't seen any injuries on her body so I covered her lower half with the blanket and put the stethoscope buds in my ear, bell on her chest to hear her heart.

"Y/N how old are you?", Harry asked. She held up one finger, then two.

"21?", Harry guessed and she flashed him a thumbs up. 

I turned her to her side to stick the bell against her back. "Are you able to breathe properly love?", I ask listening to her lungs.

"Mhmm, better.", she mumbled and I smiled. "That's good, I think all of the water is out, if you need to cough out more, you can use this.", Zayn said placing a trash can on the table which was in her reach. I put the stethoscope back around my neck and took a flashlight, checking her eyes. Harry checked her blood pressure.

"What number?", I ask holding up three finger. "Three.", she said and I smiled. "That's right, follow my finger please." I felt like I could stare into those eyes for a long time. 

She winced as Zayn inserted the IV in her arm and I grabbed her hand letting her squeeze. "How do you feel?", I ask, everything else looks normal now, just some rest and she'll be fine.

"Fine, that is one big ass needle.", she said and we laughed. "Sorry Y/N, it's giving you big ass liquids though.", Zayn said back removing his gloves. 

She was shivering and I had finished checking her so I tucked the blanket up to her chin. "Thank you for saving me doctors.", she said.

"Pleasure!", Harry said. "Who took me out of the water?", she asked. 

"I did.", I said. 

"Thank you do-"

"Louis.", I offer my hand and she smiled a pretty smile and shook it. "Thanks Louis."

"Of course. Is there any family you want me to call? It'll be about two more hours before you can leave.", I said. 

She shook her head. "I came here by myself, I'll go when you let me go."

Zayn and Harry had to check on our previous patients and I put up a chair and sat next to her, wanting to get to know this girl more. We talked, and I kept checking on her vitals in between, she was stable and funny. I like this girl. I took off the mask when she could breathe easily. 

"You know I did CPR on you.", I said. 

"Yeah?" I nod.

 "But now I think you'll need to do CPR on me."

"Why?"

"Cause you just took my breath away."

She giggled and playfully slapped my arm. "You're very beautiful Y/N.", I said rubbing my thumb across her knuckles.

"Thank you, you're a pretty cute doctor."

"You think?", I grinned in victory. She nodded blushing. 

"Then would you mind if I do something I already did?", I ask and she looked at me confused. I got up, gently cupped her cheek and leaned down, pressing my lips on hers. 

We both smiled when I pulled away. Now that was better than the mouth to mouth I did earlier to save her. Best kiss I've ever had.

Who knew I would find my girl like this? I'm not complaining though.