Request for anonymous

Y/N's POV:-

You lay in your bed, waiting. Your surgery would begin in an hour and your boyfriend still hadn't shown up. Although it was a routine surgery, you were still anxious as hell though. You just wanted to have your boyfriend by your side, to tell you that everything would turn out alright.

He was a doctor in this hospital, although he couldn't be on your case, he was with you through the appointments when you needed some support.

Just as you were about to call him, the door to your assigned room flew open and he practically ran towards you. You were shocked for a good few seconds but then you immediately started grinning. Niall kneeled down next to your bed, his head resting on your bed as he tried to catch his breath. You ran your fingers through his curls.

"I'm..", he brought out. "I'm so sorry I'm so late.", he breathed out, looking at you now. His eyes seemed sad and anxious and you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. Was he as anxious about this surgery as you were?

"I just ran into like every store to get this.", he explained and placed a toy frog onto your leg. You opened your mouth in shock; frogs had been your favorite animals forever and when you met Niall and he loved those animals just as much, you knew this wasn't coincidence. You picked the frog up and held it gently against your chest as you looked at Niall again.

He looked at you with pure adoration and love in his eyes. "And these,", he continued. He put a bouquet of your favorite flowers on your legs as well. "thought you'd like having them here.", he further explained. "I love them,", you said as you picked them up as well.

You looked at Niall again. "I love you.", you told him. Your hand was now caressing his cheek. He put his hand onto yours, closed his eyes and leaned into your touch.

"I'm scared, Ni", you quietly admitted. His eyes opened and he looked concerned. He got up from his kneeling position and gestured for you to move so he could sit beside you. He put his arms around you and kissed your head before responding.

"You don't have to be scared, baby. It's just a routine surgery, everything will turn out alright. Besides, I'm with you all the time, okay?", he asked, looking at you. Although you still were concerned, his words calmed you down the slightest bit. You nodded in response and leaned into him.

His lips met yours in a matter of seconds and you sighed contently into the kiss. You raised your hand into his hair again as your lips didn't seem to want to let go of their significant other. Meanwhile, the arm that had been around your shoulder now caressed the small of your back.

"How are you feeling love? Can I get you anything?", he asked, looking around at the monitors to see how your vitals are, and gently wrapping his fingers around your wrist to feel your pulse.

"I'm okay, doc."

"Yeah? You know I can get you flavored ice chips, maybe even mix a few flavors, anything and everything for your comfort, perks of being a doctor here eh?"

You laugh. You spent the rest of the remaining hour until the surgery kissing and soothing each other. But no matter how many calming words Niall spoke, you were still nervous as hell when a nurse came in and told you it was time for your surgery. Niall squeezed your hand reassuringly until he couldn't be with you anymore. "I love you,babe. And don't worry, I'll be right here when you open your eyes.", he whispered as he kissed your hair. Then he had to wait in a different room and you were brought elsewhere by a nurse.

Yes, Niall had told you everything would turn out alright and that you didn't have to worry, but he was anxious himself. He knew practically nothing could go wrong but he would still be the happiest boy alive when you'd be awake again.

Your surgery lasted a good few hours, in which Niall worried himself to death. He went through the procedure in his own head multiple times. It was only when a nurse finally approached him and told him that you would wake up anytime now, that he really started breathing again. He hurried into your room and sat down on a chair placed next to your bed.

He gently grabbed your hand and caressed the back of it with his thumb. You woke up within minutes. Your sight was still blurry and you were tired as hell, but the only thing that mattered was that you felt a hand around yours and you knew it was Niall's.

You sighed and smiled as you turned your head towards him. "Hey, baby,", he quietly said and got up from his chair. "Hey there, pretty boy,", you whispered and grinned. Niall pushed a few hair strands out of your face and kissed your forehead afterwards.

"I love when you call me that,", he admitted. "What?", you looked at him with wide eyes. "I thought you hated it! That's why I use it all the time!", you admitted and laughed a little. Niall let out a chuckle and shook his head. "No, I love it. Almost as much as I love you.", he whispered and got into the small bed with you.

You smiled tiredly and leaned your head on Niall's shoulder. It only took you a few minutes to fall asleep in the warm embrace of your boyfriend. Niall watched you as you slept and placed a few tender kisses on the side of your head. You both were really glad to be in each others arms again.