Request for kat73207

Y/N's POV:-

You sit in the waiting room, waiting to be called for your appointment. It's your first time at an endocrinologist. Your doctor recommended it for you, because he thinks you have some problems with your Thyroid Gland. You've been feeling very tired, anxious, irritable and lost a lot of weight in the last few weeks. Your heart always feels like after a run, pounding. 

You were the only one in the room, and a tall doctor comes out of a room down the hallway, in his blue scrubs and white coat. 

"You must be miss Y/N, hello, I'm Doctor Styles.", he smiles and puts out his hand to you. You stand up and shake it, returning the smile. "That's me."

"Did you have to wait too long?", he asks, leading you down the hallway.

"No, just a few minutes."

"Okay, good. After you.", he holds the door open. You go inside his exam room. It was different from a normal doctor's office, with a lot of different tools you've never seen. 

"How are you today Y/N?", Doctor Styles asks, motioning for you to sit on the chair in front of his desk. He goes around and sits behind it. 

"I'm okay, thank you. How are you?"

He smiled. "We get that question asked to us rarely. I'm very good, thank you for asking." He types on his computer and pulls up your file. "Niall told me about you, said he had to pester you to make the appointment."

"Yeah I thought my symptoms would go away.", you say. 

"Mhm..happens most of the time to everyone. They don't even know an endocrinologist exists."

"I didn't know that either, no offence."

He laughed. "None taken. So what do you do Y/N?"

You both just talk for a couple minutes, a good conversation. You observe that he really listens, and keeps eye contact. He also said you could call him Harry, Doctor Styles makes him feel too old.

"Okay, so what we're gonna do today, is I would like to give you a physical first, mainly focusing on your neck part, which is where our thyroid gland is located.", he says. "We'll see from there. You've already gotten your blood drawn right?"

"Yup." You show him your arm with a little bandage, a nurse had done that for you after you got here. 

"Great. A few questions before we start...how often do you feel irritable and anxious?"

"Quite often...when I'm not distracted with something."

He nods, typing away. "Do you feel hungry a lot?"

You nod. "Me too.", he winks and you chuckle. "How many meals a day do you have?"

"Three, and snacking."

"Sounds good, are your meals nutritious?"

"I try to make them, most of the time."

"Mhmm..but you're observing weight loss right?"

"Yeah, I've lost 4 pounds in last month."

He hums. "Do you have difficulty falling asleep?"

You nod. "I just lay in bed thinking, and feel so overwhelmed."

"And very tired?"

"Yes."

"Don't worry, we'll find a solution soon.", he assures, giving you a smile as he looks at you, before continuing to type. "Any other changes you noticed love?"

You smile at his accent, before saying, "I feel weak all the time, and the heat kills me."

"I bet. All the symptoms you've mentioned are connected to Hyperthyroidism, but I'd like to make sure there is no tumor or abnormal masses. Could you hop on the bed for me please?"