Request for anonymous

K's POV:-

I smile as Adriana giggles as we watch her cartoons. She's mine and my husband Zayn's, four year old gem of a daughter. We watch cartoons with her every night for some time, and we share cuddles too. Zayn was taking a shower. We're always happy to be back home after our busy days. 

I am a pediatric dentist and Zayn is an endodontist. 

"Mommy?"

"Yes love?"

"My toof was hurting in school today.", she pouts and talks with her cute little lisp.

"Aww..your tooth? Did you bite into something hard and it hurt then? Or just like that?"

"Just like that."

"It still hurts?"

She thinks and nods. "Now it does."

"Oh sweetheart, I'm sorry. Can mommy take a look at it?"

She was hesitant.

"Just on our bed, you can lay your head on my lap and I'll be really quick."

"Okay."

I smile and kiss her cheek as I carry her to the bedroom. I cross my legs on the bed and tell her to lay her head down on my lap. I play with her hair for sometime while talking to her about school, before getting into checking her tooth. 

"Can you say ahh baby?", I coo, and she nods before opening her mouth. 

"Thank you."

I hold her chin while looking into her mouth, trying to see the problem. 

"Which tooth darling?"

"Uh this one.", she pokes one of her upper molars.

Zayn comes out of the shower while rubbing his wet hair with a towel. 

"What's wrong love? Did she fall and break her teeth? Did she get hurt?", Zayn shoots out to me, being the worried dad he is and I give him a look before going back to see what the problem is.

Adriana giggles at him, and I laugh too. "No, she's having some pain, so we're checking out. Calm down babe."

"Pain? Where? Why?"

"That's what I'm trying to see, duh. I think her permanent tooth is coming, and that's pushing on her baby tooth. See?"

Zayn kisses our daughter's forehead before looking at where I was pointing to. 

"Mhm, probably. You should look at it in the office."

"Yeah."

Zayn picks her up and hugs her. "I'm sorry your tooth's hurting baby girl."

"It's okay daddy, it's not so bad.", she consoled her father, and I giggle cause it should've been the other way round. 

Zayn smiles and rubs his nose with hers. "I love you. Mommy will make it all better tomorrow okay?"

"Okay. I love you too."

I give her some pain medication before she goes to sleep. 

The next morning, I get her ready for school and make a smoothie for her so her tooth doesn't hurt.

"How bad is it hurting now baby?", I ask, brushing through her black locks she inherited from her father. "On a scale of 1 to 10?"

"Um...between a 3 and a 4."

Zayn chuckles hearing the answer.

"So do you want to go check it out now or after school?"

"Aftuh school.", she says, licking her lips as she keeps the smoothie glass down. "Yummy. Thank you mommy. Daddy did you want some? Sowwy I drank it all."