Belle and mummy-Dentist imagine

Clara's POV:-

"Honey, I promise it'll be fine.", I whispered to my daughter, bouncing her on my knee as we waited in the dentist's office. Annabelle had always been scared of the dentist, even thought we've had only three visits before this. She's always terrified, a crying mess that makes my heart ache too. I'm a single mom, so it takes a lot of effort to bring her up too. 

"It's a new doctor, he's gonna be very gentle.", I told, kissing the top of her head. She sniffled and buried into my chest. 

"Miss Annabelle Davis?", I heard and looked up to see a young man dressed in scrubs. 

"That's us.", I said getting up, carrying Annabelle as I walked up to the smiling man. 

"Hello, and I am assuming this is Annabelle. I can't see your face though Annabelle, am I that ugly that you don't even want to look at me?"

I already smiled as this doctor seemed to be knowing exactly what he would be dealing with. Annabelle let out a small chuckle and she peeked out of my chest.

"Hi!", the doctor said putting out his big hand, his name tag read Doctor Styles.

 "H-Hi.", Annabelle whispered back and I guided her little hand into his so he could shake it. He smiled warmly. "I'm Harry. You have such a beautiful face, so don't hide okay? Only ugly people like me should hide." She giggled. 

"You're not ugly.", she mumbled. 

"Aw, thank you. Who is this with you?"

"My mommy."

"And what's your name mommy?", he asked me, also giving me hand to shake.

"Clara. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, I'm gonna be her dentist. If you could follow me?" I nod and he walked down the hallway. He's pretty young to be a dentist, I thought. All the other dentists I had been to with Annabelle were all old. 

"Love? You can play over here, till then I'll have a chat with your mum, is that okay?", Harry asked Annabelle, pointing to the little play area he had in his office. 

"Yes.", Annabelle brightened and I set her down. Harry smiled and waved for me to take a seat across from his desk. 

"You are here for the first time, right?", he asked typing away on the computer. 

"Mhm."

"How old is she?"

"5."

"Has she been to a dentist before?"

He looked at me when he talked which was pretty nice, maintaining eye contact. "Yeah, she has but it's never good."

He frowned. "Why?"

"She hates the dentist. I don't know why, but she's just really scared. All the dentists she has been to were not very understanding either."

"Ohh. I'm gonna take good care of her, don't you worry, Clara.", he said with a smile making me smile too. "Thank you, doctor."

"You can call me Harry."

I nodded and continued answering his questions, watching Annabelle play. "So just a check up today right?", he asked lastly, washing his hands.

"Yep, if everything goes well.", I nod.

"Are you her only parent love? Just asking, you know if I see someone else for her next check up or something.", he quickly added.

"Yeah, I'm a single mom. Boyfriend left me, not wanting a baby."

"That is sick. I'm divorced."

"Oh." We were quite similar.