Request for lottieast1

Y/N's POV:-

You nod on to your boyfriend's talks as he tells you about his day at the university while you type out an essay you had. You both go to the same university, he's in the medical block as he's learning to be a dentist and you are in the law block.

"We have an open practice day tomorrow babe.", Zayn says and you hum. 

"You know you guys can come to that and get free check ups while we learn right?"

"Yeah."

"Will you come tomorrow?"

You turn around. "W-What?"

"To see me? It'll be fun! You can see whether I'll be a good future dentist or not.", he smiles, tracing a finger over his ZAP tattoo. 

"Umm, sorry Z, I am really busy tomorrow.", you lie. 

He frowns. "But you told me you're mostly free tomorrow! I'm not that bad baby, do you think so?"

You quickly shake your head, not wanting to upset your sweet boy. "Of course not!"

"Then?"

You sigh, deciding to be truthful. "I-I get pretty nervous with the dentist. I don't like it."

"Oh." 

He sits up from the bed and comes wraps his arms around you. "That's alright my love, I'm not even a proper dentist, what's there to be scared about me?" He kisses your cheek.

"What will you do?"

"Just give you a check up."

That shouldn't be too bad right? And it's Zayn. 

"We'll be done really soon and then we can go home together?"

You finally nod. "Okay."

He smiles and kisses you. "Thank you! I love you Y/N."

______________________________________________________

"Can I go back?", you murmur squeezing Zayn's arm as he takes you back one of the small exam rooms.

"Sweetheart, it's fine.", Zayn coos, rubbing your arms. "Come on, just take a seat and I'm not doing anything yet."

You sit on the dreaded chair and Zayn sits next to you on the rolling chair. He takes your hands and rubs them. He was normal Zayn, in his jeans and shirt, your Zayn.

"What are you nervous about baby?", he asks, gently kissing your knuckles, the sweet gesture making you melt.

"I-I don't know. Everything."

"Are you scared of me?"

"No, everything except you."

He laughs and you crack a small smile. He pokes your cheek. "Make that smile wider, beautiful. You've got the best one, take it from me."
You blush and give him a full smile. "That's what I'm talking about.", he kisses your bottom lip. "I'm only going to look, using these two tools.", he points to a pointy looking thing and a mirror. "Scary?"

"This one is.", you nod and he picks it up. He pokes your hand with it. "That's all it does babe, not painful at all, okay?"

"Okay."

"Can we start then?", he smiles, and you nod. The faster it's over, the better.

"Great. I'm going to lean your chair back baby, just enough so I can see."

You grip onto the chair as it goes back and Zayn gently pries your hands away, keeping them on your lap and rubbing your shoulders. "It's alright love, I promise."