Have Pride Being One Of Us

And now, before we go to bed, let us sing the school song!" cried Dumbledore.

Verena noticed that the other teachers' smiles had become rather diversified.

Dumbledore allotted his wand a little flick as if he was trying to get a fly off the end, and a long lustrous ribbon flew out of it, which rose high above the tables and twisted itself, snakelike, into words.

"Everyone pick their favourite tune," said Dumbledore, "and off we go!"

And the school bellowed:

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling
With some interesting stuff,
For now, they're bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we've forgotten,
just do your best, we'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot."

Everybody finished the song at different times.

At last, only the Weasley twins were left singing along to a very slow funeral march.

Dumbledore conducted their last few lines with his wand and when they had finished, he was one of those who clapped loudest.

"Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here! And now, bedtime. Off you trot!"

The Slytherin first years followed Austen through the chattering crowds, out of the Great Hall, and down the gloomy dungeons.

The passageway to the common room was located behind a sparse stretch of pebble wall in the dungeons.

Their common room has elevated ceiling windows that can only look out into the chasm of the Hogwarts' lake.

It was embellished with tapestries captioning the explorations of well-known Medieval Slytherins.

It has quite an imperial atmosphere, but also quite a cold one.

"Girl's dorms will be upstairs on the right, boys will be the same but on the left," Austen notified," Your luggage's will be placed beside your beds. There are few rules you must follow, never invite other housemates into the common room or tell them the password,"

"The password will change every two or if any kind of problem occurred,"

"If you have any problems or trouble you can always come to me, or any other prefect or our house head, Professor Snape,"

"Another thing is that there is no shame in being a Slytherin, only pride,"

"Now off to bed,"