Chaos Of Silence.

Striding through the hallway Verena tied her hair back with her wand.

She had finished her Muggle Studies class and rushed out of class when she had heard Malfoy was retained in the Hospital Wing.

Unlike the rest of her friends, Verena had opted for Muggle Studies instead of Care Of Magical Creatures.

"Verena, you're here!" Daphne rushed towards her with her arms out.

Verena glanced at the bed Malfoy was lying on, a frown contorting his face and mumbles of cusses leaving his lips.

"The Hippogriff attacked him," Nott chewed on a liquorice wand, laughing to himself along with Blaise.

"Quit being dramatic Malfoy," purposely Verena poked his bandaged arm making him let out a wail.

"What's wrong with you, can't you see my arm is broken you blind bit-"

"Mr Malfoy!" Miss Pomfrey yelled before he cussed.

"No cussing in my wing! Especially not at a lady with those horrid words! Comparing a woman to an animal! Your father taught you better, did he not?"

"But she-"

Ignoring his grievances Madam Pomfrey turned to the four of them and scurried them out.

"Well, that was entertaining," Nott heaved his leg at Blaise displaying his untied shoelaces.

Rolling his Blaise squatted and began tying it as Nott jovially ate his liquorice like a child.

"Today he proved that he'd undoubtedly do anything to seem he's better than Potter," Verena affirmed.

"How'd you know? Weren't you in Muggle Studies?"

"She saw everything from the class,"
They turned to see Malfoy walk out of the Hospital Wing.

The thoughts began to chase him again. He had to squint over her to see the sunshine.

Her elbows propped on the window sill, wand loosely twirling between her active fingers.

Strands of her wispy hair framed her face as the rest was held back with a thick leaden ribbon.

He followed her gaze which was the metaphysical beast that had the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle and the torso, hind legs and tail of a horse.

He harshly bit his apple smirking to himself that she would've seen his stunt scaring Potter.

She leaned closer to the window sill as Hagrid called out Potter to ride the hippogriff.

Her eyes gleamed with interest as Potter soared over the lake and through the delicate clouds.

She had seen it all.

She had seen him push aside everyone to show them, to show her that he was better than a varmint and a scarhead.

The impassive look appeared on her face giving off the impression she didn't give a crap about his "injured" arm.

"And it was mirthful," she bluntly let out before leaving.

Pure and raw humiliation course through him.

But why?

That was her magic. To see through everyone, to see the sunset even on the darkest days.

She was an atrocious flame that was enough to engulf anything attempting to get in her way.

She did all this in the chaos of silence.

There was nothing predictable about her and it intrigued him.

"What does mirthful mean?" Nott questions glancing around.