Forgiveness

"Are you done with the essay?" Daphne asks Verena, slumping into her cushion.

"Almost,"

"Almost?!"

"Yes, I began with the essay last night,"

"I thought you were asleep,"

"I couldn't sleep,"

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I did, all you did was groan and turn the other way,"

"'Ello," Nott poked his head out through the shelves with Blaise beside him.

"Are you guys writing the essay?" Blaise plopped himself beside Daphne peeking at her work.

"Yes, are guys already done?"

"No.."

How is he so calm about this?

A few seconds later his calm expression fell as he began to panic.

"Merlin's penis I didn't finish the essay, McGonagall is going to turn me into an animal," Nott rummaged through his bag, taking out a piece of parchment and a quill and began scribbling then froze.

"What are we writing about?"

"I think it's a bit too late for her to turn you into an animal," Draco commented sitting beside him.

He eyed Verena.

She was scrawling on her parchment her hair held back in a French twist.

No one has seen her hair down, at least he hasn't.

He felt Nott nudge him, "you're starting,"

"I'm aware,"

"You two stop talking and start working on your essays," Blaise softly chided at them.

Nott let out a loud groan as he slumped on the common room couch.

"I can't feel my hands,"

"Stop being dramatic and go to bed," Daphne smacked on his head.

"Hey!" He rolled on the floor and held Blaise's ankle. "Help me up, please... I think I'm dying,"

The buzz cut haired boy rolled his eyes grabbing Nott by his wrists and dragging him up to their dorms.

An occasional ouch! would be emitted from Nott's mouth as his head slammed against the staircase.

"Blaise my brain hurts,"

"How can something you don't have hurt?"

"We should go to bed too," Daphne urged Verena, "You should too Malfoy,"

He glanced around as if looking for someone, "Where are Crabbe and Goyle?"

Daphne shrugged, "haven't seen them since lunch,"

He strode out of the common room in search of them.

"Maybe he cares about his goons after all," Daphne remarked.

"Maybe he just doesn't want them to get caught by a perfect wandering aimlessly in the castle and losing points for Slytherin,"

Daphne let out a low whistle at Verena's comment.

"Wow, you're not gonna forgive him, are you?"

"It was better to silence him,"

"Verena, forgiveness doesn't lessen the horrible things he said at you, it prevents your heart from perishing at his words,"

Verena stared at her for a while.
Did she just come up with this?

"The was somewhat of something, my mom says"

"I won't forgive him unless he apologises sincerely, though why bother to wait,"