Keep You Safe.

"You've been awfully quiet ever since you got back, did something happen?"
Severus inquired her daughter as she bit onto a bacon.

"Nothing happened,"

"Verena, bottling it all is not going to help," Severus's worry was apparent on his face.

Verena sighed, "Everything is fine, see," she plastered an unwilling smile on her face.

"Is it about the Gryffindor's earning points last minute?"

"Maybe,"

"Things like this happen and will continue to do so, learning how to accept things in life is very vital, not forgetting, but accepting since it is the first phase of healing,"

"Is it okay if I abhor Dumbledore?"

Snape chuckled at her question.

"Abhor? Don't you think it's a bit of a harsh word?"

"Like you?"

He tilted his head and arched a brow.

"What? Alright, how about I just not feel delighted about his existence?"

Snape picked up the plates, "as long as you try not to be terminate it,"

The sound of water splashing against the sink filling the brief comforting silence that lingered among them.

"Did you know that Quirrel..... Had Vold-"

"Don't say his name."

"Alright, did you know about it?"

Snape dried his hand with the towel, "I might've, why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering...." Her voice was now barely audible.

"You were wondering what?" His voice softened, trying not to frighten her and make him seem approachable.

"Well, since you... Used to,"

"What gave you the impression that I did?"

"Potter was talking about it so.."

"He's just like his father," Snape sneered.

"Are you mad at me?"

Snape's heart shrivelled and twisted at her voice.

"Of course not," he unfolded his arms welcoming her into a hug which she accepted without hesitation.

She nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck.

"Will they come for us? The Death Eaters,"

Snape stiffened almost feeling dubious to answer.

"No, even if they did I will keep you safe with my life, my Elixer To Induce Euphoria,"