Stranded with a Broken Heart Pt 1

*Alright yall this is it... bring on more tears. I teared up a bit writing this.... just saying oh and Italics are mental communication*

The ship lurched strongly to the side, causing Zariah to quickly wake up, she was still in Loki's arms as he was looking out the window scared "Loki.... What is it?" then a missile hit, causing the ship to jerk more as the two got up and made their way to Thor. "What is it?" She asked Thor. Loki looked at Thor as he walked away, Loki took her by the arm "It's Thanos." Fear gripped her as her eyes widen "No.." she whispered, shaking her head; she couldn't believe it. They just saved everyone.

Loki grabs her by the shoulders "Listen to me now love. This is happening." He demanded as another explosion rocked the ship. The screams from the refugees filled the halls. Zariah looking around all frantic as Loki shook her slightly to gain her attention again "Look at me Zariah!" She looked at him teary eyed, snapping out of her franticness. "He's after the Tesseract. And you.." Her eyes widen "Why? Why?!!" Loki took a deep breath "The Tesseract is an Infinity Stone and you, my dear, are powerful even if you don't realize it yet. He will either keep you by his side, or drain your power and kill you."

Her head was spinning as they were jerked to the side by another explosion, this one sounded and felt like it was closer in the center of the ship. "He doesn't know you are on this ship though. You have to hide Zari.." Loki demanded as he gripped her shoulders tighter. Zariah shook her hand placing her hands on his cheeks "No... I won't leave you or these people. I can't. You're all I have."

Loki kissed her passionately as he pulled back "Fine... stay by Heimdall, I can cast an illusion on you and if it gets bad, I will have him send you away. I cannot risk losing you. Not again." Zariah started to cry as she nodded "Don't die... not for a stupid stone. You be safe please." She demanded from her soulmate. All Loki did was smile as he called out "Heimdall!" in a short moment he was by their side "Keep her near you. Behind you if you can, she will have an illusion over her. Thanos cannot have her. Please." Heimdall nodded taking Zariah's arm gently "Yes my prince." She was pulled away from Loki's grasps with tears in her eyes.

Inside the ship, a creature, almost dead looking named Ebony Maw walked among the bodies of the dead Asgardians

Inside the ship, a creature, almost dead looking named Ebony Maw walked among the bodies of the dead Asgardians. He steps over them as he speaks with no mind, as if they were scattered pieces of dirty clothing on a bedroom floor "Hear me, and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan. You may think this is suffering. No...It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile...For even in death, you have become Children of Thanos."

Zariah was behind a column near Heimdall, the illusion holding strong as she covered her mouth so she couldn't be heard, tears falling down her face in terror. She wanted to fight but she made a promise to Loki. She could see Thanos, looking out of a window that hadn't been destroyed yet "I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless." He grabbed onto Thor's head as he continued "It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say...I AM." Thanos then holds up his hand to reveal the Infinity gauntlet, which already had the Power Stone.