Fighting Back

*Surprise Shawty! Yay i decided to write another chapter, i may even get the next one up tomorrow maybe. I don't know yet. lol*

The plan was set. Everyone knew what they had to do. Get the gauntlet no matter what. Loki, Peter and Zariah were position together as they sat on a piece of rock that was high up above where Strange sat, Zariah had her sword out ready to go as Loki had his daggers. The three looked at each other nodding as then Thanos appeared through a portal conjured by the Space stone. Strange sat on some steps, observing Thanos as the portal he arrived in closed behind him.

"Oh yeah. You're much more of a 'Thanos'." Strange remarked casually. It was terrifying how calm he was talking to the Titan. Thanos looked at him "I take it that Maw is dead. This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission." His voice was calm in a creepy way. Zariah felt a tingle in a bad way down her spine and looked uncomfortable, Loki seeing this placed a hand on her shoulder squeezing it; she immediately relaxed.

"You may regret that. He brought you face to face with the Master of the Mystic Arts" Strange continued. Thanos stepped a little closer "And where do you think he brought you?"

"Let me guess. Your home?" Strange asked.

Thanos smiled again

Thanos smiled again. It was unnerving seeing it as he replied "It was. And it was beautiful." He said as if he was reminiscing, raising his hand which encased in the gauntlet, he curled it into a first activating the Reality stone to show Strange his home planet before it was destroyed. The buildings were suddenly intact, the grass was green, the ponds were sparkling and citizens were carefree. The starfish-like structures hover in the air, connected to the ground buildings by a glowing beam of energy. "Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, and not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

"Genocide." Strange said with a bitter taste in his mouth.

"But at random. Dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman and what I predicted came to pass." Thanos replied, almost as if he was trying to justify his actions. The Reality stone stopped glowing and the illusion disappeared revealing, once again, the true state of the planet.

"Congratulations, you're a prophet." Strange retorted sarcastically. Zariah rolled her eyes as she spoke to Loki to his mind "He's going to piss him off..." Loki just looked at her then back to the scene.

"I'm a survivor." Thanos stated.

"Who wants to murder trillions." Strange retorted.

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist. I call that mercy." Thanos told him.

Strange finally stood up "And then what?"

"I can finally rest, and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills." Thanos said.