Chapter Seventeen

"Should we have lunch first or do our work", I said looking at him

"I guess we should have lunch, I am starving got up late so didn’t have breakfast", he said

Okay let’s order and I was looking at the menu thinking I should try something else today when I realized that we forgot the notes in the car.
‘Hey you forgot to carry the notes along, now go get it’ I said complaining

"Oh right I will get it later once we finish our lunch so let’s order first", he said pouting

I thought of having some noodles and Chinese Tso chicken, I hope it taste good where as harry ordered homemade chicken noodles. The waiter took our order and gave us some tea to drink and went away. We both sat awkwardly looking at each other and I was mentally thinking should I ask him about Stella or keep my mouth shut, I will go with the second one for now. I started drinking my tea while he cleared his throat to say something.

"So how old are you"? He asked

"Well I am 19, I said and what about you"? I asked nonchalantly

"21", he smiled

"What are you studying in college by the way"? I asked looking at my tea cup

"I am studying business, might open my own company or something after I finish college let’s see what turns out". He said sounding all professional

"Okay, what does your father do? I mean his business line or is he a politician", I said nervously I hope I am not being to nosey

"Hah no he's not a politician, he’s a director of some clothing companies", he said nonchalantly

"Sounds nice", I said smiling

"Then why do you always wear black and white, if my father was in a position like that I would never repeat my clothes", I said excitedly

"That’s because I am not like you, I like trying different styles but for college stage I like being casual", he said

"Fine", I said pouring another of cup of tea from the jar and soon the waiter came with our food. Looking at it my mouth started watering it looked delicious , he placed my dish in front of me and I started eating my food happily, harry looked at me smiling. The first bite I took of the chicken and it was blooming good and I mixed the chicken and noodles and took more food in my mouth.Whereas harry ate his own food trying hard to eat with the chopsticks again and looked at me sheepishly as if he’s waiting for me to mock him. But I just smiled and started eating again.

"Hey you should try this chicken it tastes damn good", I said and while calling the waiter. The waiter came with a huge smile on his face and he kind of looked cute too, I forgot that I was staring at the waiter when harry cleared his throat and I looked away embarrassed.

"Hey could you get me some more of the tea", I asked

‘Yeah sure’ he said smiling back and I smiled back

Harry looked at me with disgust like I did something awful and I knew what he was thinking so I just rolled my eyes and looked at my food and ate again, we both sat quite for a while and the waiter came back with the tea but this time I just thanked him with a frown on my face and he walked away. I poured a tea for myself and asked harry if he wants some but refused harshly.

"What’s wrong now", I said with anger

"Nothing", he said

"Well something wrong because you’re looking at me like I did something awful", I said furrowing my eyebrows

"Well you were flirting with that jerk right in front of me", he said irritated

"FYI I wasn’t flirting with him and even I did why it bothers you, I mean you’re not my boyfriend or something", I said sounding more irritated

After what I said he really looked angry he slams the chopsticks on the table and got up from his seat, first I looked around to see if someone saw his sudden fit and yes they did and the other customers were looking at us, I looked back at harry with anger rising inside me and he spoke.

"You know what Christy continue flirting with the waiter you deserve someone like him and like you said I would never date someone like you and FYI you’re not worth my breath and time", he said with full rage and stormed away paying the bill at the counter and walked out. I was just trying to figure out what just happened and realized that he has my notes and how am I going to drive back to hostel,  I rushed towards the restaurant door and walked out before I could call him back but he was already in the car and drove away. And I stood there trying to get my head around all the things he said and did.

I went back into the restaurant getting weird looks from the people; I was trying to hold back on to my tears and sat at our seat and started sobbing quietly. How could he just leave me here? And I cried more, the waiter came to my table looking concerned.

"Hey are you okay"? He asked

"Yeah I am fine, If you have ice cream can you get one for me any flavor will do for now", I ask wiping my tears and avoiding any eye contact with him.

"Yeah sure, I will get one", he said and walks away

I checked my time and it was already 3, and I was worried how am I going to complete my work, first I thought of calling Tom and telling him about all that happened but then I thought what if harry is with him and what if he refuses to help me again because of his friend, so I thought about something else then I remembered that I could get help from the campus library also. Meanwhile the waiter came back with the ice cream and he gave me a warm smile and went away. I ate my ice cream cussing harry for what he did and I promised myself that I will never hangout with him alone.

I thought of calling Stella first then I thought why bother her so instead I dialed one of the cab service number and told them to pick me up from the restaurant. I grabbed my bag and walked towards the counter to pay for my ice cream and the same waiter was standing there so I just smiled at him and asked, ‘hey how much for the ice cream’, he looked at me smiling again  and said it’s on the house you don’t have to pay. ‘That’s really sweet of you, Thank you so much’ I said smiling, and moved out.

I stood outside waiting for the cab and it came after sometime, I got in and told him my destination. Soon I was outside my college campus and I paid the cab driver and went inside the campus. I walked towards the library and luckily it was open, I got in and there were some students studying and some working on some projects I guess. I looked around for the journalism section and also I had to write 1000 words on some historical event, So I looked through the shelf and finally got some books and took them and sat on one of the corner seats of the library and I settled my stuffs and started looking through the book and just then someone stood in front of me.

‘Hey is it okay if I sit here’ said a husky voice and I looked up and saw blue eyes looking at me with a smile on his face and he was fit too, Instead of answering him I was busy staring at him. What is wrong with me these days, I am really going to creep out people if I don’t stop it.

‘Yeah sure’ I said with a small smile

‘Thank you’, he said and I just smiled back.

We both sat there doing our work whereas I was getting irritated because I couldn’t find anything useful stuff for the assignment just then I cursed myself scratching my head I forgot that he was sitting with me on the same table and he looked at me.

‘Sorry, I said embarrassed

"Its okay, do you need any help, I am not sure what you’re working on but I will try my best to help you", he said smiling.

"Well I am working on some journalism assignment, my friend was supposed to help me but he kind of ditched me", I said looking down at my book.

Well no problem, I am about to finish my work and then I can help you with your stuff, ‘what say’, he said smiling

"That’s sounds a good deal to me", I said smiling back at him just then I realized we both didn’t introduce our selves.

‘Hey by the way I am Christy’, I said bringing my hand out to shake his

‘Ahh I am Adam, he said giving me the nicest smile while shaking my hand and for a moment I forgot about harry and all that happened today. he continued doing his work and I just sat and looked at him thinking finally I have a new friend I guess.