Chapter Twenty One

The professor wanted to talk about our favorite novel also but then the bell rang which means he will be disusing about it tomorrow. I got out from the class and went towards my locker and got my things. Stella was still not here so I thought of texting her whether she wants to drive along.

 Hey are you going to ride along?

 No you carry on I will come with jasmine. (Stella messaged)

 Okay.

 I walked out the hallway and went to my car as in Stella car and hopped in. I thought of meeting Adam but didn’t find him around so I just drove away and played some music, I was listening to Skylar Grey “I know you” and singing along. I didn’t wanted to go back to my dorm so I thought of exploring the place but first I need to refill my tank so looked for a nearby gas station and found one, after filling the gas I went inside the shop and got some crisps and coke. I paid at the counter and walked towards the car and got in and drove away. I wanted to find a serene place where I can just be alone with my thoughts. I stopped my car on the red light and quickly searched for some tranquil places on my phone but to my luck  didn’t find any place that was nearby soon the lights were green and I drove and then thought of going to my parents place I was kind of missing them lately and it was just a two hour drive but what if the traffic is heavy then I will reach late at night and my mum would be furious if I drive at midnight. So the plan is cancelled then where should I go maybe some eating place.

 Finally I found a place Xi’an famous food on St Mark so I thought I should try this one. After all the driving I was at St Mark and found the restaurant, I parked the car and took my wallet instead of my bag as it was too heavy to carry because of the books. I locked my car and looked around the place and it was quite good for a change filled with different kind of eating places. I checked my time and it was 4, I walked towards the restaurant and got in, the aroma was good and there were only few customers luckily because I was actually looking for a quite place but then soon it will be filled with people by dinner time.  The waitress escorted me to a seat which was at the back and kind of looked cozy just the way I wanted for now. I smiled at her and then sat on the couch while she went to get me the menu.

 I looked around the restaurant and the ambience was quite nice though it was bit smaller as compared to Chinatown and the music they were playing was also very soothing. She came back with the menu and handed me and I told her to give me five minutes to decide she smiled and walked away. I looked at the menu trying to find something good but then I ended up ordering dumplings and lamb hamburger. She took my order and I asked her to get me a tea to sooth my nerves.

 The waitress came back with a small jar of tea and a cup, I thanked her and she left. I poured myself a cup of tea and relaxed myself on the couch. Finally I can put myself back into thinking mode. Firstly I didn’t wanted to go back to the hostel because I just didn’t wanted to see Stella and harry together for now, I know I have prepared myself for this day but I guess I am not mentally prepared for it. I should be happy for her but what about my happiness, I don’t know if its love or something else but whatever it is I am sure it’s deep like as if he has put a spell on me.

 I and Stella have not spent much time together it’s like I don’t exist for her anymore or maybe more like a normal roommate. I know she’s moving on but I didn’t wanted her to forget me just like the time with Nick, he was a different case and I didn’t have much problem with him but harry I am not so sure because I guess he’s not even sure about his feelings forget about loving someone. I just hope Stella is not a rebound for Michelle.

I was interrupted by my thoughts when the waitress got my food I just smiled and she kept the food and asked if I want anything else I asked for some more tea as I didn’t realized that I have emptied the jar during my thinking process. She gave a warm smile and went away. looking at the food I thought I am surely going to gain more weight if I don’t cut down on such food but then they were my weakness too but then I didn’t care for now I can work out later.  First I thought of eating the lamb burger because it looked delicious and then I can finish the dumplings. I started eating my food happily after a while I saw two figures standing in front of the restaurant door the same waitress was escorting them and when I looked closer I cursed and looked down because it was Harry and Stella out of all the restaurant in New York he had to choose this one.