Chapter Thirty Nine

Three of us sat and ate our dinner. The chicken was really good. Now he's going to win the bet and I have agree to whatever he says. I hope he doesn't make me do something stupid.

"Harry I must say the chicken tastes really good", dad said and I saw a wide smile on harry face.

"Thank you Mr Walt. I am happy that you liked it", he said

"Sorry you had to cook for us and also thanks for taking care of daughter" dad said while enjoying his chicken

"No problem Mr Walt. Christy so you like the chicken", harry asked. I didn't know what yo say, I looked at my dad and saw a smirk on his face and then I looked at harry and he had the same expression like my dad.

"Yeah it's not bad, I could have done much better", I said and they both just laughed

"Kid I am sure you would have burnt the chicken", dad said

"Dad are you on my side or harry", I whine

"I am always on your side but today harry impressed me with his cooking skills so I will take his side", he said and hary smiled while I just tried to make an angry face and they both laughed. Soon we fisnished our dinner and I washed the dishes. Dad went and started watching his football matches, while I told harry to take a shower. I finshed cleaning the dishes amd also kitchen. I was really missing mum, I had so much to talk about but unfortunately she's not here to listen to it. I think I should call her.

"Dad I am going to sleep", I said

"It's only 10", he said

"Yeah I know, I have to do some college work", I said and he just shrugged, I wished him goodbye and went to my room. First I thought of sneaking into the guest room but it will be weird what if I find him walkinh around naked. So I went to my room and sat on the bed. Stella didn't even call me, maybe Mrs Wislon didn't tell her about my parents or did she, maybe she is mad at me because I am sure she knows that harry is here with me. I think I should call my mum first and then speak to Stella later. So I dialled mum number I was somewhat nervous don't even know why. She picked up on the fourth ring.

"Christy baby", she said and I just couldn't control my tears, I have been waiting to hear her voice even though I was so mad at her but still she's my mum.

"Mum, why didn't you come to see me today, is that georege guy important than me", I said breaking through my tears.

"Baby please don't say like this I love you more than anything, I just needed time to so that I can face you"she said, I think even she was breaking down.

"Mum why is all this happening, why are you and dad not together, you know that I cannot choose between you both, why are you making it so difficult for me", I said

"Christy I know how much you love your dad and I am not telling you to choose any one of us. I just want you to understand my part and that you will still love me and see me whenever you have holidays", she said this time I could hear her sobs.

"I love you too mum but when I go back on monday dad will be alone again and the worst part is to think that I would never see you both together, I was thinking of having a good weekend with you both but i guess not anymore, I had so much to talk about but i guess now i have to ask I you're free before meeting you, I said

"Christy don't say like this, you can talk to me whenever you want and I am still your mum baby, I will see you tomorrow", she said and we both were silent for a minute, I tried hard not to cry

"Okay mum, I will wait", I said and disconnected the call and started crying again. I heard a knock on my door so I quickly wiped my tears and sat straight on my bed with a book in my hand.

"Come in", I said and harry came, he looked at me and I am sure he has noticed my red eyes. He closed the door and walked towards me and came and sat next to me.

"It's okay christy I know you have been crying and don't be mad I heard your conversation", he said

"What you were outside my room all this while", I asked facing him

"Yeah, I am sorry I came to see you but then heard you speaking to someone so I just stood outside hoping that you will hang up soon but then when I listened clearly then I realised you were talking to your mum", he said taking my hands in his

"Harry you were eavesdropping, bad manners", I said

"I know sorry, so are you fine now", he looked at me

"Yeah I am trying to overcome it, but its kind of hard right now but I wll be fine, I said with teary eyes

"I understand", he said and hugged me, we both stayed like that for sometime, I may be going through bad time but one hug from himc an lighten everything, it was more like a magic hug for me. I cried for a hood few minutes and then pulled away.

"Thanks harry but how did you find about my parents", I asked

"Well I was with stella and the boys and her mum called her up and told her about your situation, she told me that you fainted and stuffs next thing I knew I was driving here because I wanted to be the one to support you or the one whom you can depend on and I wanted to be your crying shoulder, Christy I think I am falling in", he said looking right into my eyes.

Why is that whenever he opens up his heart to me I have nothing to say back to him, part of me thinks that he's telling the truth and the other part doesn't agrees to it but whatever he said now was so comforting, I looked into his eyes we both looked at each other for a moment, his eyes they were so beautiful, this time whatever he said I actually wanted to be believe it, he wouldn't just drive here to play with my feelings, does that mean he loves me the way I love him. My eyes travelled down to his lips and I bit my lip. Next thing I knew harry's lips were on mine.