Vin ~ Love Is In The Air

While I was in Korea, I made a pilgrimage to the graves of my mother and also Mr. Hong who was in the same cemetery. Cha Young accompanied me.

I put a pack of bungeoppang and ingeoppang in front of my mother's grave. (*Fish shaped cake filled with red bean)

"Mom, I'm here. I brought our favorite cake. Now I know what the difference between these two cakes is that they look exactly the same, which is the dough, not the mouth shape you always said."

I chuckled a bit.

"The thing I remember the most is that you always bought me this cake almost every day, even though at that time you had no money and could only buy one. Now I can buy a lot, but you can't eat it anymore."

I paused for a moment to let the tears fall from my eyelids.

"I'm sorry, Mom, I shouldn't have let my anger stop me from seeing you and calling you Mother. We should have been able to enjoy each other longer..."

I feel Cha Young's palm rubbing my back.

"I'll make up for my regrets by living well. And..."

I took Cha Young's hand, "please send us your blessing."

Still holding Cha Young's hand, I faced Mr. Hong's grave. I paid my respects and poured wine in front of his grave.

"Mr. Hong, now I have come not as your legal advisor and partner, but as your daughter's lover. Please bless us. I will protect her with my life and will make her happy. I promise."

"Say that one more time to my mother."

"Where is your mother?"

She took me a few steps until we stopped in front of a tomb. I pay my respects and make the same promise.

We also visited Jang Han Seo who was already in the form of ashes, well stored in the ash cabinet in that cemetery complex as well.

"Darling, may I ask you something?" Cha Young asks as we walk towards the parking lot.

"Sure."

"What about your father? I mean your biological father. Is he still alive or...?"

"My mother said my father was dead."

"Your mother said?"

"Yes. As I recall, my father said goodbye to work abroad, but he didn't come home and Mom said Dad was dead. I don't know where he is buried, maybe overseas. But sometimes I think that maybe my mother is lying. Maybe my father is still alive somewhere. But I don't really care about that."

We got in the car. She's the one driving. I told her to stop by the post office first.

"Do you want to send a letter?" she asked.