VinCha ~ In The End

"Mrs. Hong... Mrs. Hong... wake up! Mrs. Hong Cha Young!"

Cha Young gasped and widened her eyes

Cha Young gasped and widened her eyes. Mr. Cho's panicked face was close by. She found herself still lying in her bedroom in the mansion.

"Are you all right, ma'am?"

"What date is it?"

"December 25."

"Year?"

"2022."

"Vincenzo... the verdict hasn't been decided yet, has it?"

"Um... well, the trial hasn't even started yet."

Cha Young heaved a sigh of relief.

"What are you doing, Mrs. Hong? Did you have a nightmare?"

"Yes, I dreamed he was sentenced to death."

"Aigoo, it was a very scary dream. But people say, reality is the opposite of dreams."

"Hopefully so."

Cha Young got up slowly. Her head was spinning from a bad dream. She rubbed her belly which felt slightly tightened. She looked out the window, it was getting dark. It seems she overslept.

"I want to go back to Malta, Mr. Cho."

"Okay."

Cha Young staggered slightly as she was about to stand up.

"Do you need to be held, Mrs. Hong?"

"It seems so."

Cha Young borrows Mr. Cho's arm.

"If Mr. Vincenzo sees this, he'll be furious, won't he?"

Cha Young chuckled softly, "just let him. He chose to go himself, even told me to find another man."

"Ah, too bad, I already have a wife and child, Mrs. Hong."

Cha Young laughed, "Who said I want to be with you, sir!"

"Thank God, you can laugh again."

Cha Young smiled wryly, "My heart is still crying..."

~~~

A few days after the new year, Cha Young contacted Gustavo through Caterina. She paid that lawyer to be Vincenzo's defense. She also asked for a copy of the Vincenzo case file for her to study.

She still hasn't returned to Korea. At least she wanted to hear the verdict on her husband first.

~~~

Gustavo waved briefly to Vincenzo who had just entered the visitors' room.

"I'm here as your lawyer," said Gustavo, handing him his business card, though it wasn't really necessary since they'd known each other since college.