A Party

Y/N POV

I looked at my reflection with a frown, applying a bit more lipstick.

"How do I look?" I asked, not turning away from my reflection.

"You look wonderful, Y/N, how could you look any other way? I swear, you could be out there in a bunch of rags and still blow away every other woman in the room. Assuming I'm not there of course," Shannon said, giving me a teasing grin.

I smiled, fluffing up my hair one last time and finally turning to Shannon.

"Oh hush, you know you're almost prettier. Maybe one day, if you study hard and really work for it, you'll get to my level," I teased with a wink.

She laughed, rolling her eyes as she pushed me off to the side, sharing the mirror as she put in her earrings.

"Oh honey you wished you had a chance of looking as good as me."

"As good? I look better," I retorted.

She laughed, giving me a hug gingerly so as not to mess up either of our outfits.

"Oh you know I think you're just drop dead gorgeous. You look amazing tonight! Any man who winds up on your arm will be the luckiest man at the party."

"Now that's just not true, not when you're here too," I said, giving her a smile.

She grinned back, beautiful blue eyes sparkling.

"Come on, we could go in circles all night complimenting each other, and if we do we'll miss the party. Shall we?" she asked, holding out her arm.

I hooked mine through hers, walking downstairs to where the main part of the party was taking place.

"Alright my dear, good luck, I'll see you when I see you," Shannon said with a wink, letting go of my arm and mingling with the crowd with a parting wave.

Smiling, I turned my own gaze to the partygoers, looking for someone who would catch my fancy.

The party was fine, I had been to better and no doubt would go to better in the future, and I was unsatisfied by the time it dwindled down to very few stragglers the next morning.

I didn't end up seeing Shannon until much later the next day. She ran up to me, eyes bright and shining and a wide smile on her face.

"Oh Y/N! I've met the most wonderful man! Well I mean he's not perfect, he's certainly got his reputation following him, but oh we just sat and talked for hours last night at his place, I really just loved it! He didn't even really try to make much of a move on me, we just enjoyed the conversation we had. Next date though it wouldn't surprise me if we did something more than just talk. Gosh he's gorgeous," she said breathlessly.

"Oh come on don't tease me, what's his name?" I asked, giving her a smile.

"Gene Simmons! Of KISS! I'm certain you've heard of him," she said.

"Oh KISS! I've heard of the band!" I said.

"You've just got to come to their next show with me! Gene said he'd give me tickets and get me backstage, I'm certain at least one of the other ones is single," she said, playful gleam in her eye.

"Well I suppose I could," I said with a shrug. "I'm sure it'll at least be fun!"

A few weeks later I found myself walking backstage with Shannon before the concert started, excited to see the band as well as to see this Gene who she could hardly seem to shut up about. Of course despite how much I teased her I was thrilled for her, it was wonderful to see her happy.

"Ah here's the room," she said, pushing open a door.

It was empty except for one man with a ridiculous amount of curly hair. He looked up from tapping absentmindedly on the couch with his drumsticks, giving me a smile.

"Hi I'm Eric! Can I help you?" he asked cheerfully.

I could only stare at him, so very taken it seemed as if my mouth couldn't move, and all of a sudden I found myself immensely grateful Shannon had invited me along.

***Oh I so hope you'll like this! I've not done a second Y/N x member book before and I hope you'll forgive me for using Eric Carr again despite having not done Eric Singer yet! I promise I'll get to that story, I was just very inspired by a scene from the wonderful Girlwithoutname9719 's Eric Carr book, which you should all read as it's just so amazing, I love it dearly!

And of course thank you aerogurl18 for helping me with a title as always! She's amazing too, go read her works! Much love to you all and forever thank you for the support!!***