Grow Up Fast

~Time Skip One Year!~

Y/N POV

I held Stephanie's hand tightly as we walked up to the door to her kindergarten, Eric carrying Danny while holding Jenny's hand. 

"Are you excited for your first day of school?" I asked Stephanie, giving her hand a squeeze.

"Uh-huh!" she said, practically skipping as we walked down the hall to her classroom. 

Her teacher opened the door, giving us a smile before kneeling down to Stephanie's eye level.

"Hello! I'm Ms. Beatrice, what's your name?" she asked.

"Stephanie," she said in a small voice, half hiding behind my leg as timidness suddenly washed over her. 

I smiled, smoothing her hair. 

"Here, say hello to your teacher," I said, trying to nudge her forward. 

"Come into the classroom and meet your classmates!" Ms. Beatrice said, holding out her hand.

Stephanie looked up at me, eyes wide. 

"But--"

I knelt beside her, kissing her on the forehead. 

"It's only a few hours, you'll have fun! Daddy and I are looking forward to hearing all about your first day of school!" I said, giving her a smile. "Now here, give us a hug goodbye and then go meet your classmates!" I said. 

Nodding, she gave me and Eric a hug, saying goodbye before letting Ms. Beatrice take her by the hand and lead her into the classroom. Eric was strangely quiet as he drove us home, still not saying much as he put Jenny down for a nap while I put Danny down for his later in the morning. At last, it was just the two of us awake in the house. I took his hand, sitting with him in the living room.

"You've been quiet all day. What's wrong?" I asked gently, and to my surprise he burst into tears. 

I pulled him into a hug, letting him cry into my shoulder as I rubbed him on the back, hugging him as tight as he was hugging me. Finally, his tears had slowed and he sat back a bit, wiping at his eyes.

"I just...I can't believe she's going to kindergarten already. It really feels like just yesterday she was born! I-I--she's growing up so fast," he said in a thick voice. "They all are! I mean she's six and Jenny's four and now Danny's nearly two, I don't want all our babies to get old and turn into teenagers who don't like us," he said, more tears welling up in his eyes. 

"Oh Honeybee," I murmured, putting a hand on his cheek, wiping away tears with my thumb. "Our kids will always love us! And them being teenagers is a long way away. They'll always be our little babies, don't worry." 

He nodded, sniffling, before kissing me. "I love you," he murmured, and I smiled.

"I love you too," I said, kissing him again, twisting a hand through his hair.

Our kiss deepened, getting more and more passionate, arms encircling each other as we pressed our bodies together. I broke away from the kiss, chest heaving.

"Eric...what if we had another baby?" I asked breathlessly, and his eyes widened. 

"Four kids?" he asked, and I nodded.

"Maybe even five one day," I said with a smile.

He hugged me tight, kissing me again.

"Ohh Bunny there's nothing I want more. Maybe we should go try now?" he asked, eyes sparkling, and I smiled.

"I think we should."  

~Time Skip Four Months!~

I sat beside Eric on the couch, sipping on some eggnog as we looked at the Christmas tree, our kids asleep dreaming of what tomorrow morning would bring, or rather what Santa would bring. He kissed me on the cheek, hand moving to my baby bump, rubbing small circles on it, and I smiled as the baby wriggled around in response. 

"Boy or girl do you think?" he asked, and I frowned. 

"I think it'll be another boy. But if we had a fifth one, she'll be a girl." 

"I'm not even going to wager with you anymore, you always win. But I'll still take you out to dinner when you end up being right," he said, kissing me on the nose.

I smiled, closing my eyes and snuggling deeper against his side. 

"Either way, I'm just happy to be having another baby with you," I said, and he gave me an affectionate squeeze.

"That makes two of us, my love."