Dinner Plans

Y/N POV

I sat in the back of the cab with Eric, still holding his hand. He hesitated for a moment before slipping an arm around my waist and I smiled, leaning more against him.

"So where are we going for dinner?" I asked.

He smiled, giving me a gentle squeeze.

"I was thinking this nice Italian place downtown? Gene helped me pick it out, he says he goes there with Shannon a lot," he said, and I nodded, feeling my heart melt as a soft pink blush spread across his cheeks.

"That sounds perfect! You'll have to let me know how our west coast Italian food compares to the New York stuff," I teased.

"Well I know it won't be as good as my mom's cooking, but hopefully it'll be a close second," he said, and I smiled.

"I'm sure it'll at least be decent. Gosh, I haven't had a home cooked meal in ages. Or well at least not a good one, I'm an awful cook," I said with a sigh.

Eric's face lit up and he grabbed my arm excitedly.

"Oh why don't you come back to New York with me and meet my parents? My mom's been saying she'd love to meet you for ages and I'm sure she'd really want to meet you know that we're dating. I-I mean assuming we are dating, only if you want to too of course I don't mean to pressure you and—"

Giggling, I leaned over and giving him a kiss, silencing his nervous babbling.

"I would love that," I murmured. "I've wanted to date you from the moment I've laid eyes on you," I admitted.

His face lit up and he gave me another squeeze, pulling me against his side even more.

"I did too! Gosh sucks we were both kinda too shy to do anything for four years," he said sheepishly.

I kissed him again, resting my head on his chest and brushing some of his hair from my face.

"Well, better late than never," I said.

"Indeed it is," he said, resting his head against mine.

We spent the rest of the short ride in a warm silence, just perfectly happy with each other's company before at last we reached the restaurant.

"After you," he said with a smile, holding the door open for me.

We walked to our table hand in hand, looking over the menus we were given while sipping on some of the wine the waiter had recommended.

"You do like Italian food right?" he asked, giving me a worried look, and I smiled.

"I love it, don't worry! Besides I've told you, I couldn't care less where or what we're eating so long as I'm there with you."

Eyes sparkling in the light from the candle on our table, he picked up my hand, giving it a squeeze and running his thumb along the back of my knuckles.

"You are truly the most wonderful woman I've ever had the pleasure of meeting," he murmured.

"And I've never met a man as perfect as you."

Dinner was delicious, with Eric and I talking happily throughout, only letting go of each other's hand when absolutely necessary. At last dessert had been eaten and the bill paid and we left to find a cab, still of course holding hands.

"So when can I see you again?" I asked, shivering, and he draped his jacket around me without hesitation.

"Alright so after we play in San Diego, we have Las Vegas and then we're flying to Tokyo for the rest of April," he said, and I sighed.

"So I won't see you for a month then?" I asked, and he shook his head sadly.

"Unfortunately no. But after we come back we don't have any concerts except for one in July and then the tour picks back up in August!" he said with a smile. "So we can have pretty much May through July for each other, you can come visit me in New York! I can show you around the city and introduce you to my family and it'll be great!"

I returned his smile, heart fluttering. His enthusiasm was just infectious.

"I'd love that more than anything," I said, giving him a kiss, and he very contentedly kissed me back.