Beginnings

Y/N POV

After saying goodbye to Shannon and Gene after making them promise to come over for dinner tonight after they had gotten settled into their hotel room, Eric and I took a cab back to his apartment. I stared out the window, absentmindedly resting my hand on my stomach, imitating Shannon's gesture without even realizing.

"Bunny? Is something wrong? You've been awfully quiet," Eric said gently, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh!" I said, withdrawing my hand. "I'm sorry, I was just thinking is all. Shannon had asked when we'd have a baby if we did at all, I've just been thinking of the future."

He nodded slowly before giving me a smile.

"Well I know we said we're going to wait until the future but—"

"Oh Eric absolutely not, that would be insane! You're touring so much, I don't want to have a baby who hardly gets to see their father! No no, we'll wait."

Nodding again, he gave me a kiss.

"Gosh I can't wait," he murmured, resting a hand on my stomach. "I just can't wait until we've got our little fox cub growing in there."

"Kits, darling," I said with a smile, and he gave me a confused look. "Baby foxes are called kits."

His cheeks went pink and he pulled away his hand.

"Oh. Huh."

There was a pause before he gave me a kiss, arm slipping around my waist. "I'm lucky my girlfriend is so smart. Perfect mind and a perfect body to make the perfect woman."

All soft from the sweetness of his words, I snuggled against him in the backseat.

"You're absolutely wonderful, did you know that? Every day is so much better just knowing you're in my life," I said.

"I can't believe I survived so long without you by my side," he replied, eyes sparkling and brimming with love.

We reached his apartment, walking hand in hand as we debated what to cook for dinner.

"Well Shannon didn't mention she's had any food aversions," I said, but Eric shook his head.

"I was talking to Gene though, he was saying she's barely eating anything more exciting than bread and vegetables. She'll say she wants something but once he's cooked it and put it in front of her she won't eat it."

"Well why didn't we just go out to dinner?" I said with a sigh, and he smiled.

"Because we don't think things through. How about we do a pasta salad with vegetables? That's pretty mild."

I frowned, mulling it over. "Alright! We'll just do dressing on the side."

"Perfect! Goodness we're so smart," he said, wrapping me in a hug, planting a kiss on my lips.

Dinner was thankfully wonderful, with Shannon gushing about the food and questioning Gene as to why he was seemingly unable to make her something she liked, which he good-naturedly laughed at.

Later that night, after dinner, I laid beside Eric in bed, head resting on his chest, debating the pros and cons of having a baby much sooner rather than later.

A few days later, I found myself boarding the plane to London, hand in hand with Eric.

"I'm so glad I was able to come on tour with you," I said, giving him a kiss.

"You and me both. It would've been awful to have to leave you for so long."

The flight went smoothly for everyone but poor Shannon, who was hit by a nasty bout of morning sickness and spent her time either throwing up or lying with her head in Gene's lap as he did his best to soothe her.

Finally we landed hours later, walking off the plane and going through customs.

"Excuse me ma'am, may I search your bag?" the customs officer asked.

Face burning, I stepped aside, handing him my purse. He rummaged through it before pulling out a small box of pills.

"I'm going to have to confiscate these," he said.

"What?! But that's just my birth control!" I protested.

"Sorry ma'am, we have to be certain," he said apologetically.

Fuming, I took my purse back, walking to catch up to Eric.

"I hope the rest of the tour goes better," I grumbled, and he gave me a kiss.

"It will. I'll make certain of it."