Arrivals

~Time Skip Another Month!~

Y/N POV

"We should go soon," Eric said, looking worriedly at me.

I groaned as a contraction hit, looking at his watch and trying to time it.

"Alright, it's-it's time," I said. "They're close together and lasting longer."

Nodding, he helped me to my feet, leading me to the car. I sat in the passenger seat as we drove, massaging my stomach, absolutely terrified to give birth but thrilled to think I was going to see my baby soon.

As we drove, the contractions got closer and stronger, and as the overwhelming urge to push welled up in me I came to a horrible realization.

"Eric stop the car!" I shouted, undoing my seatbelt.

"What?! Why?!" he cried.

I let out a cry, rubbing my baby bump.

"There's not enough time t-to get to the hospital," I panted, chest heaving.

"What?!" he shrieked.

"Please just stop the car!" I wailed.

He pulled over to the side of the road, scrambling to unbuckle his seatbelt, pulling open the passenger door.

"Okay, alright, here, deep breath," he said, taking my hand and giving it a squeeze. "Here, let's get your sweats off, alright? We've got this, it'll be okay," he said, tying back his hair.

I did what I could to pull my sweats down, letting out a shout of pain as another contraction hit.

"Dammit!" I screamed.

"Hey, hey, deep breath," he said, putting his hands on my shoulders. "We're going to be fine."

I nodded, gripping the grab handle of the car tightly, hands shaking.

"You push, I'll um um catch the baby," he said, positioning himself in front of me.

"Okay," I said breathlessly.

Another contraction hit, along with the overwhelming urge to push, and I let out a cry.

"Oh-oh I-I can see the head, you're doing really good we're almost there!" Eric said, eyes wide.

I nodded, heart racing, pushing through another contraction with a shout.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, I've got this I think," Eric whispered to himself, assumedly supporting our baby's head as I continued to try and get through the rest of birth.

"Eric!" I wailed.

"It's okay! We've got this, things are fine, you're so close Bunny, just one more push!" he said.

I pushed through one more contraction until there was the feeling of relief and the sudden shrill crying of our baby.

"Oh! We-we had a baby!" Eric said in disbelief, holding our newborn.

I let out a weak laugh, nodding and accepting our baby as he passed it to me, rubbing our daughter on the back to help her breathe. Eric rose to his feet, kissing me, wiping sweat and tears from my face with his shirt before taking it off and swaddling our daughter in it.

"You did amazing," he murmured, kissing me on the forehead. "I'm so proud of you. And look how cute she is!" he cooed, smiling at our baby girl. "My gosh she's adorable."

"I'm so sorry about your car," I said, still out of breath, and he laughed.

"I'll get it cleaned, don't worry. C'mon, we just had our first kid! You think I'm gonna be worried about my car right now?" he asked.

Happy tears ran down my cheeks as I looked at our daughter, watching her squirm.

"She's beautiful," I murmured. "Oh, Eric..."

"I know. Here, we'll head to the hospital now," he said, buckling my seatbelt for me.

I held our daughter tight as we drove the last few minutes to the hospital, trying to soothe her, still a bit in shock. After the doctors and nurses had checked out both me and our daughter and everything was taken care of, I found myself lying in a hospital bed, holding my baby to my chest as she nursed, Eric by my side.

"So what are we thinking of naming her?" he asked.

"Well, I really like the name Stephanie," I said, and he nodded.

"I love that! That's perfect, we-we can call her Steph or Stephie as a nickname!" he said eagerly.

"And...I know you had wanted Bruce as a middle name if it was a boy, and I know how much he means to you, so maybe Rue as a middle name? That's sort of a feminization of Bruce. I'd go with Shannon or some variant but I don't like Stephanie Shannon," I said.

There was a pause as he stared at me, tears welling up in his eyes.

"That's...that's very thoughtful of you," he choked. "I really like Stephanie Rue."

"Then it's settled," I said, giving him a kiss.

There was a pause before he burst into tears.

"Oh my gosh we have a baby," he sobbed.

Heart melted, I pulled him into a hug, kissing him on the cheek.

"We do. We have a perfect baby and a perfect family," I said, and he nodded, trying to wipe his tears away.

"The most perfect family in the world."