Test It

Eric POV

I sat beside Y/N on the bathroom floor, holding her tightly in my arms as we waited for the pregnancy test to develop.

"It's gonna be okay, alright?" I said.

She reached up, grabbing the test off the bathroom counter.

"Close your eyes, I want to see first," she said, and I nodded, doing as she said.

There was a long pause before she let out a soft sigh.

"Okay. Open your eyes now."

I gave her a worried look as she stared at the floor.

"I'm pregnant," she blurted out in a whisper.

I immediately wrapped her in a tight hug, burying my face in her shoulder and trying very hard not to cry.

"Eric I'm sorry, I—"

"Sorry?" I asked in confusion, sitting back and holding her at arm's length, looking at her in surprise. "I don't—what? Why are you sorry?"

She sniffled, tears welling up in her eyes and spilling over.

"W-well aren't you...we had talked about this, we-we had agreed not to have kids yet and you're so busy with the band and-and pregnancy is going to make me look horrible and-and I'm—"

I pressed my lips softly against hers, silencing the rest of her sentence. I moved my hand from her shoulder to her cheek, wiping away tears as best I could while still kissing her. At last, I finally broke away, leaving my hand on her cheek.

"Listen to me, Y/N listen to me. I'm not upset at all! I'm-I'm thrilled to have a baby! I've always wanted to be a father, and there's no one I'd rather have a child—a family with than you and I'm really impatient and I'm glad we didn't have to wait!" I said, trying to contain my excitement. "And you'll never be anything other than the most beautiful woman in the world. I could never hate how you look, because I love who you are so dearly."

I was thrilled, more excited than I had ever been, more excited than I had been when I found out I had made it into KISS. But if Y/N wasnt happy I wanted to figure out why, and not just overwhelm her with my own joy.

"Do you...not want a baby?" I asked after a pause.

"I'm just scared," she whispered, putting her hand on mine as it still rested on her cheek. "Shannon...I mean there was that whole thing with what that woman offered to Gene. And you have so many fans, because you're just perfect, and-and everyone loves you, and I'm scared someone will come after me. And I'm scared things won't work out, and—"

"Things will be just fine. I promise you, I'll never ever let anything happen to you," I murmured.

There was a pause before she gave me a tearful smile, clinging tight to me, kissing me on the cheek and resting her head on my shoulder.

"I am really happy to have a baby with you," she said. "You're the perfect partner and you'll be the perfect father, I know it."

"How far along are you do you think?" I asked, rubbing her on the back as we hugged.

"I-I think I can't be more than a month?"

I nodded, giving her a kiss, sitting back to admire her.

"You're just beautiful, you know that?" I murmured. "You're absolutely glowing."

With a smile, she took my hand, resting it on her stomach, and I nearly sobbed at the knowledge our child was growing there. 

"Ohhh Y/N...we're really going to have a baby," I choked.

She nodded, smiling, eyes bright.

"We really are."