Preparations

Eric POV

I walked with Gene out of the airport, heart still pounding. I had finally done it, I had finally kissed her, and she had kissed me back.

"You know you really didn't have to wait four years to try that," he said with a grin, and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up. Anyway, what hotel are we staying at until the rest of them get here?" I asked, hailing us a cab.

"Uh, none? I'm staying with my girlfriend until the rest of them get here. Why would I stay anywhere else?" he asked.

I blinked, staring at him.

"I—oh. I guess I gotta find a hotel then," I mumbled, and he smiled.

"Or you could stay with your girlfriend," he suggested.

My cheeks grew flushed and I shrugged.

"Oh, um...I guess. I dunno, I'll have to talk to her and see if she's okay with it and all."

"Eric she's been in love with you for four years. I'm fairly certain she'll be more than okay with it."

"I'll ask. If not I'll find a motel," I mumbled, cheeks growing warm.

"You're staying with your girlfriend. Damn Eric this is ridiculous!" Gene said with a grin. "It's been four years! And on top of that, you're a damn rock star! You're staying with your girlfriend and you're gonna stop being so shy. I swear you're worse than Bruce."

"Hey come on I'm not that shy! He didn't even move around the stage for like half the first tour because he was so nervous, I never did that!" I protested.

"Honestly, I think Bruce would've made a move in less than four fucking years," he said, arching an eyebrow.

"Alright fine! I'll ask if I can stay at her house!" I grumbled. "Damn!"

"Good, good. Man you two are so lucky Shannon and I are such good friends," he said, ruffling my hair with a grin.

"Too bad you're not as good a boyfriend to Shannon as you are a friend to me," I said, giving him a pointed look.

He let out a sigh, dropping his hand from my hair.

"Look, things are fine between us. Don't worry about it."

"Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes.

Finally we reached Shannon's house and I quickly got showered and changed into a much nicer outfit, putting on a sport coat and tie before turning to Gene.

"Do I look alright?" I asked.

He frowned, glancing me up and down.

"You look great. So what're you gonna do when you first see her?"

"What is this, a test?"

"Has to be, with you," he teased.

"I dunno, I guess say hello and take her to the cab?" I asked.

"Kiss her, you dolt! Gosh you're hopeless I swear."

"It'll be fine, shut up," I grumbled.

Finally seven rolled around and I found myself outside of Y/N's place, heart pounding. I walked up to the door, taking a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. There was a pause before she pulled open the door and my heart rate skyrocketed.

She looked absolutely gorgeous, dressed in a glittery red dress that almost reached her knees, fabric hugging her tightly and accentuating her beautiful curves.

"You...you look um..." I stammered, before swallowing. "You look stunning, oh wow."

She smiled, cheeks going a warm pink.

"Thank you. You look very handsome," she murmured, tugging at my tie.

I all of a sudden remembered what Gene said and darted forward, giving her a kiss. She didn't hesitate to kiss me back and I smiled internally, unable to believe just how much I loved her. At last we broke apart.

"So shall we go to dinner?" I asked, and she nodded, kissing me on the cheek and taking my hand.

"Yes we shall. Oh, where are you staying until the band gets here? I didn't realize Gene was just staying with Shannon," she said casually.

"Oh, I hadn't figured that out yet," I admitted, and she smiled playfully.

"Well why don't you just stay at my place?" she asked coyly.

Heart racing, I grinned.

"There's not a single place I'd rather stay," I said, giving her hand a squeeze and walking with her to the cab, thrilled I was finally able to take her on a date.