Chapter 28

Sorry for the long wait, I've been having some trouble with writers block lately which is a pain in the ass. Anyway I wrote up this chapter, I hope you like it.

The next day...

Kol's pov

It's the crack of dawn and I'm preparing to leave for New Orleans to retrieve my long lost older sister Freya with mother and Elijah. I'm absolutely shattered and did not want to be up this early in the morning and having to leave my wife and daughter behind but as soon as we've done what we need, the sooner I get back to my girls.

I'm currently bidding goodbye to Davina who is tired but she still manages to muster that beautiful smile of hers. "I'll call you when I reach New Orleans, okay?" I say brushing some of her hair aside "okay, take care and don't do anything reckless" she warns and I just smile.

"I won't darling, one my mother and Elijah will not allow me to be reckless and two I want to get this thing done and over with so I can come back to you and Teddy quicker" I respond and she nods, folding her arms across her chest which makes the night gown she's wearing tighten around her and her cleavage is a little bit on show making me clench my jaw as I shift on my feet.

"I'll see you soon" Davina says peering up at me "you will, I'll be back before you know it" I respond bending my head and pressing my lips against hers as I cup her face in my hands making her smile against my lips as she returns the kiss.

"Kol come on we've got to be going" mother calls behind me sounding impatient making me sigh as I pull away from Davina "coming" I call back to her. "See you soon love" I say to Davina planting a kiss on her forehead before turning around and walking away, heading out the house and to where mother and Elijah are waiting by the car.

"I was just kissing my wife goodbye" I say "very well, let's just go we have work to do" mother says and I nod, saying nothing as I get in the back of the car since Elijah is driving and mother is sitting in the front. The feeling of awkwardness fills the air so I pull out my MP3 player and earphones, popping the earbuds in my ears as I play some music on my phone as Elijah starts driving.

.

.

.

.

.

.

14 hours later.....

We finally arrive in New Orleans after an excruciating 14 hour journey, we made brief stops on the way to feed and stretch our legs but we quickly got back on the road as I didn't want to waste much time as I just wanted to get to New Orleans as fast as possible so we could get my sister and then go home as I miss my girls.

"Yes we've just arrived now" I say to Davina over the phone "good so you'll be on your way back soon enough" Davina replies "yes I will" I respond "who you talking to mommy?" I hear Teddy ask on her end "I'm just talking to daddy sweetheart" Davina replies "ohh can I talk to him too mommy?" she asks chirpily making me chuckle.

"Of course baby" Davina says and I hear her passing the phone to her "hiya daddy!" Teddy squeals making a smile spread across my face. "Hey princess, how are you doing?" I ask "good daddy, I miss you" she replies "I know, I miss you too princess" I respond "you coming home daddy?" she asks "I am, I'm just running a little errand and then I'll be coming home" I respond running a hand through my hair.

 "Okay daddy" she replies "be good for mommy in the mean time okay?" I say "I'm always good daddy" she responds making me chuckle "I know you are. Now put mommy back on the phone" I say and I hear shuffling on the other end.