Chapter 35

Continues from previous chapter....

Kol's pov

We arrive at the ice cream parlor and Teddy's eyes light up as she skips up to the counter, eyeing all the ice cream. She presses her hands against the glass counter, practically pressing her face against it as she peers through it making me chuckle and Davina smiles.

A teenage cashier walks up to the counter and flashes a small smile "hi, what can I get for you guys?" she asks with a chirpy smile "Teddy baby what do you want?" Davina asks making Teddy look away from the glass counter "strawberry" she replies as she rocks back and forth on her feet making me chuckle.

"Can we have one strawberry ice cream, one vanilla and what do you want Kol?" Davina asks turning to me "I'll just have coffee" I say and she nods "but daddy you need ice cream too" Teddy pitches in making me look to her "he doesn't want any right now sweetheart but he's free to have some of mine if he wishes" Davina responds looking back at me and I wiggle my eyebrows at her making her playfully roll her eyes and shake her head before turning back to the cashier "mommy can I have sprinkles on mine?" Teddy asks tugging at Davina's jacket.

"Of course, you can baby" she replies before turning back to the cashier "can you put sprinkles on the strawberry ice cream please?" she asks "of course, which sprinkles chocolate or rainbow?" the cashier asks making Davina look to Teddy.

"Do you want chocolate or rainbow sprinkles?" she asks "rainbow!" she replies rather enthusiastically making me chuckle "rainbow sprinkles please" Davina says turning back to the cashier "okay one strawberry with sprinkles, one vanilla and one coffee is that all?" the cashier asks "that is all, thanks" Davina replies going to pull her purse out but I beat her to it and hand the cashier the money.

The cashier hands me the change before walking away to prepare our order. Davina takes Teddy over to a table while I wait for the ice cream and coffee.

"Here you go" the cashier says handing me the ice cream and coffee "cheers" I say before heading over to the table where my wife and daughter sit.

"Okay one strawberry ice cream with rainbow sprinkles for my princess" I say placing the ice cream in front of Teddy and her eyes light up "and one vanilla ice cream for my beautiful wife" I say handing Davina's ice cream to her and she looks at me.

"You trying to butter me up for something?" she asks narrowing her eyes suspiciously making me chuckle "course not, just showering my love with compliments like a good husband should" I respond bending down and planting a kiss on her lips making her smile.

I pull away and sit opposite her. I chuckle at Teddy who is already dug into her ice cream "don't eat too fast sweetheart you'll get brain freeze" Davina gently warns "what's brain freeze?" she asks "it's where you eat ice cream too fast it makes your brain hurt" I explain "I don't want that" she says shaking her head making me chuckle.

I look at Davina as she pops a spoonful of her ice cream in her mouth "what?" she asks noticing me looking at her "nothing" I respond before sipping on my coffee.

"So what are we going to do about Dahlia?" she asks as I set my coffee down "we're going to use pure magic to stop and defeat her. I have a book of pure spells which we will look through" I say "will pure magic really stop her?" she asks making me nod "it will, she only knows black magic and dark magic, both are practically one and the same and are deadly kinds of magic and the only way to defeat someone who dabbles in black or dark magic is by using pure magic. Pure magic is considered the equal of black and dark magic but is very often underestimated. People don't understand just how powerful pure magic can be so it's our definite way of dealing with Dahlia" I explain "and you really think I can do that?" she asks and I smile at her.