Chapter 31

Davina's pov

After a six hour drive me and Esther arrive at our destination "when we get to the door, let me knock and stay behind me" Esther says as we get out the car and make our way "sure but why?" I ask "just stay behind me" she says "okay, how do you know this witch anyways? You haven't been back alive long enough to exactly make friends" I question "I knew one of her ancestors, made a promise to sort of watch over her family and such so I may have had a little communication with her while I was dead on the other side" she explains as we reach the door.

Esther knocks as I move behind her and I hear footsteps approaching and locks being undone before the door is slowly opened a jar and a woman stands on the other side, peering through the door "who are you?" she asks suspiciously "it's Esther, we've communicated a few times" Esther explains making the woman's eyes widen "b-but you were dead" she stutters "yes I was but now I'm not" Esther replies "may we come in? We need your help" she asks and her eyes flicker to me "who is she?" she asks "this is my daughter in law Davina, don't worry she means you no harm" Esther explains and the woman sighs before opening the door wider to allow us to enter.

"I'm Narissa" the woman says to me "pleasure to meet you Narissa" I respond as I shake her hand which she extends to me before shutting the door "what can I help you two with?" she asks looking between me and Esther "we're here because of a spell I believe you know that can help us with a situation" Esther explains "explain the situation to me" Narissa replies "I have an older sister, she's a problem for my family as you see I made a deal with her when I was very young and naïve that directly affects my granddaughter" Esther explains "so you want a spell from me that can protect your granddaughter?" Narissa asks "not exactly, my family have the means to protect her. What I need your help with is regarding my oldest daughter who my sister took from me due to this deal I made with her, now fortunately my oldest is linked to my sister and currently in a magical slumber" Esther explains taking a slight pause before continuing.

"I have recently located my daughter however she's still under the magic slumber because I cannot wake her while she's linked with my sister" Esther further explains "so you need my help with an unlinking spell?" Narissa questions "yes but not just any spell, we need a spell that can help us unlink my daughter and sister without my sister knowing since she can sense spells being cast on her and my sister" Esther explains and Narissa sighs.

"I think I know the spell you're after" she says before heading to a room so Esther and I follow her as she stops in front of some book case. She trails her hand along some books before stopping and pulling one out "the spell is very old dating back to 300 years ago, one of my ancestors made it and it has rarely been used to be fair but that's just because a situation hasn't arised where we need the spell" she explains as she opens the book which is obviously a grimoire and places it down on the table, turning it round for me and Esther to see.

"Yes, this spell will do it" Esther says as she trails a finger along the page "there is one thing, in order to do the spell you will need me to cast it with you" Narissa explains "that isn't a problem, do you happen to have any plans for the next few days?" Esther questions "no" she replies "good because we're gonna need you to come back with us and do this spell" Esther replies "okay well let me just go and gather a few things" Narissa replies before walking away.

"Are you sure this will work?" I ask "yes, it will" Esther assures me as we wait for Narissa to return.

...

Narissa returns with a brief case "alright I'm ready" she says "good, let's go we can't waste any more time" Esther replies as we leave the house and Narissa locks up behind us before we head to the car and get in.

.....

After a six hour drive we arrive back in Mystic falls and we arrive very early in the morning so we have to be quiet "Davina you can go up and get some rest if you need. Narissa and I need to go over the basics of the spell" Esther says "shouldn't I go over the spell too?" I ask as we walk towards the house "we'll go over it with you before we do the spell" she replies making me nod.

I open the door and we walk in and the house is quiet at first until I hear snoring coming from each of the rooms meaning everyone is asleep "that's a first to come home to everyone asleep" I say before making my way up the stairs.

I reach mine and Kol's room and head inside, taking my jacket off and hanging it up. I head to the closet, slipping my shoes off. I head into the bathroom and remove my top leaving me in just my bra and jeans. I start to pull my jeans down when I a hear whoosh coming from the room before two warm arms wrap around me from behind before I'm sped away and my back suddenly meets the bed and the covers are pulled up as a pair of lips press against mine.

I smile against his lips as I bring my hands to his face "you couldn't wait could you?" I mumble "nope" Kol mutters against my lips before deepening the kiss "we should sleep, we've got a lot to do later" I say making him pout but he pulls away but holds me close to him.

I place my head on his chest and our legs quickly become entwined as we get comfortable before sleep takes over.

End of chapter

What did you think? Let me know

Vote and comment