Chapter 37

Kol's pov

After a four hour drive, we finally arrive at our destination "nice place" Davina comments as I park the car and shut the engine off. "I know, right. I bought this in 1912 when Nik briefly undaggered me. I bought it because I planned to find you and hopefully Teddy and bring you both here" I explain as we get out the car.

"So was this meant to be our place?" she asks as we walk side by side as we approach the cabin "sort of. It was going to be our hiding place to lay low until I found us a more, permanent home" I explain and she smiles "have your siblings ever been here?" she asks making me shake my head.

"No, they haven't because I've always kept the details about this place from them as I don't want them to find out about it" I respond grabbing her hand and lacing our fingers together and she giggles as I swing our hands back and forth as we reach the cabin.

I use my other hand to reach into my pocket and pull out the key. I slot it into the keyhole and turn it, instantly hearing a click indicating it's unlocked. I grab the door handle and turn it before pushing the door open.

"It's very homely" Davina comments with a smile on her face as she lets go of my hand as she enters the cabin, walking straight up to the living room area which is literally a few inches away from the door. I enter the cabin after her, shutting the door behind me.

(This is the entrance of the cabin)

(The living room)

"It's recently been renovated which is why it looks more modern" I state and she turns to me "where did you find the time to renovate it?" she questions "well I first had it renovated in 1919 when I was undaggered again

"It's recently been renovated which is why it looks more modern" I state and she turns to me "where did you find the time to renovate it?" she questions "well I first had it renovated in 1919 when I was undaggered again. I wanted to keep it up to date and then of course I was daggered again for a hundred years but when I was undaggered again and finally reunited with you, I knew I would bring you here at some point so I made calls to have it renovated" I explain as I grab her hand and gently pull her towards me.

"You never came out to check on the renovation? Weren't you worried about things going missing?" she asks making me shake my head "no, I have all important and priceless stuff hidden away in a place, no body would ever think to look" I explain as I pull away from her and I walk up the stairs making her follow after me.