Chapter 8

Here's another chapter, I hope you like it.

Continues from previous chapter....

Davina's pov

I manage to finally pull myself out of my shock and clear my throat. "E-Esther? Aren't you supposed to be dead?" I ask "well I was dead but now I'm not" she replies her eyes trail to Teddy and she smiles.

"What a beautiful child. She has Kol's eyes" she says reaching out to touch her but out of instinct I step back cautiously. "Sorry" I apologize "it's alright dear. You're cautious of me and I'm a stranger so I understand but know I do not mean you or Theodora any harm" she says and she sounds sincere but I don't know.

"How do you know my daughter's name?" I ask "I've been on the other side for a thousand years watching over my children and I had been watching over you two also" she explains "mommy who's the lady?" Teddy asks "you know what? Why don't you go to Caroline, I'll catch up with you" I say to Teddy as I put her down "okay mommy" she replies before running off.

I turn back to Esther "sorry but I think it's best we talk first before anything else. I don't want to overwhelm her or get her over excited before bed" I say "I understand" she replies "so why exactly are you here?" I ask "well I'm about to have a family reunion with my children and I know you're wanting to see Kol again so I'm here to bring you with me" she explains "I see and there's no other agenda?" I ask suspiciously "I understand why you would be suspicious of me. I know my son told you all about what I did to them and Niklaus which I feel tremendous guilt over. I wronged my children and I want to make amends. I want us to be a family with you and Theodora included" she explains seeming to be sincere but I still don't know.

"I'm sorry to be rude but I don't know if I can trust you. I have a hard time trusting people so please bare with me" I respond making her nod "I understand but I hope in time you come to trust me" she says and I just nod "we shall see" I respond "regardless of whether you trust me or not. I just want to say thank you" she says making me frown "what for?" I ask confused about what she is thanking me for. "Like I mentioned before, I've been watching over my children for a thousand years and not once have I ever seen any of my child be as happy as Kol is with you so I just want to say thank you making my son happy" she says with a warm smile which I return. "I love your son so I will always make sure he is happy" I respond making her smile.

"I trust you will, now we mustn't stall any longer, we have to get going" she says beginning to leave but I stop her.

"I can't leave just yet. I need to put Teddy to bed and I promised her I would read her a bed time story" I respond making her stop. "Of course, I understand" she replies "um would you like to come in and sit instead of just standing outside?" I suggest "that would be nice" she replies before entering the house.

I lead Esther to the living room before heading upstairs where Caroline took Teddy.

"Mommy" Teddy cheers from her bed as I enter the room she's staying in. "Hey baby sorry I took so long" I say as I walk over "it's okay mommy" she replies making me smile as I turn to Caroline.

"Esther is downstairs in the living room could you keep an eye on her?" I ask "of course" she replies before leaving and I sit on the edge of the bed, pulling out a story book from her back pack.

I turn to Teddy "have you got your teddys?" I ask she loves teddy bears which is ironic considering her name.

"Yes, they're right here mommy" she replies pulling the covers back revealing her three teddy bears. One is brown, one is rainbow coloured and the other is grey.

"Ah good they're all here" I say "yes and rainbow is feeling down" she replies hugging the rainbow bear

"Ah good they're all here" I say "yes and rainbow is feeling down" she replies hugging the rainbow bear. "Why is she feeling down?" I ask "I don't know, mommy she won't say" she replies "okay well perhaps a story and a good nights sleep will make her feel better" I respond wrapping my arms around her and pulling her against my side.

"I think you're right mommy" she replies placing her head on my chest while cuddling her teddy's.

I flip open the book "once upon a time there was a beautiful princess who lived in a small quiet town with her cruel step-father and her two brothers, one who was kind to her while the other was rotten to her. For 14 years she endured horrible treatment at the hands of her step-father until one day she was rescued by a handsome mysterious prince. This is their story, this is the story of a princess and her prince" I begin I see a small smile on Teddy's face.

"Carry on mommy" she says as a small yawn escapes her lips making me giggle slightly before I continue reading the story.

End of chapter

What did you all think? Is Esther being sincere? Has she changed? Isn't little Teddy sweet and what do you think of Davina turning her and Kol's story into a children's fairytale story? What will happen next?

Please vote and comment