Chapter 14

Kol's pov

We're now all sat down in the living room as mother wants to discuss something "okay so first things first. Davina I know you and Theodora are currently staying at a friends but you don't need to anymore as you're more than welcome to come and live here" mother says "thank you" Davina replies while cuddling Teddy who is sat in between us fast asleep.

"Now onto the other matter. I am going to host a ball and all residents who live in Mystic Falls are invited" mother explains "what's the purpose of the ball?" Klaus asks looking suspicious. "The purpose is to stand united and celebrate our new beginning as a family plus I want to officially welcome Davina and Theodora to the family" she replies with a smile.

"Esther I don't mean to be rude but I don't know how I feel about that. One of my brothers don't know about Teddy and I'd rather him not knowing" Davina speaks up as she strokes a hand through Teddy's hair making me smile at the sight. "I understand your concern and I know your relationship with Damon is not so great but no harm will come to Teddy. I just feel since we're turning a chapter and having a fresh start as a family, you and Theodora should be fully introduced as members of our family because you are" mother responds making her nod.

"If anything starts to go wrong, I'll whisk Teddy away" Rebekah speaks up sending Davina a small smile "yeah and I'll be happy to sort Damon out if he tries anything" I add with a smirk making her smile and shake her head. "Okay, I'm in but you better keep Elena away from me and my daughter. I don't want to be anywhere near her" she replies making me chuckle knowing she has a disliking towards the doppelganger. "Don't you worry, I'll handle Elena" Rebekah replies with a wink "no Rebekah, I don't want any drama. I will personally see to it that Elena doesn't come near Davina or Theodora" mother responds and Klaus frowns.

"Why are you so concerned about Davina and Teddy?" he asks curiously "they're part of our family Niklaus and I want them to be comfortable" she explains "are you sure you don't have an agenda? Like say I don't know, you're secretly plotting to kill us?" he asks making us all glare at him.

Mother sighs and gives him a sad look "I understand why you're wary of me Niklaus, I wasn't a good mother I know that but I am trying to be better. I want to be the mother I always should've been and I want us all to be a family so no I am not secretly plotting to kill you all" she responds making Klaus go silent.

"So when do you plan to host this ball mother?" Finn asks changing the subject "this Friday evening and it will of course be a formal event so you will all need to dress nicely" she responds and Rebekah grins "Davina what do you say me and you go dress shopping later?" she asks "sure, I'd love that" Davina replies with a smile as Teddy stirs and opens her eyes.

"Hey sweetheart did you have a nice nap?" I ask making her look at me "yes daddy" she replies before moving towards me and cuddling against my side making me smile "you're a little cuddle monster aren't you?" I say as I gently poke her belly making her giggle "yeah" she replies with a big smile on her face.

"Kol" Klaus speaks up making me look up to see him and Elijah standing over me "what?" I ask "can we talk to you in private?" he asks and I open my mouth to respond "no! he's my daddy and you can't have him!" Teddy exclaims clinging onto me while glaring at Klaus and Elijah making me chuckle. "Sweetheart I'll be right back" I say looking down at her as she pouts "you promise daddy?" she asks holding up her pinky "I promise, I'll be right back" I respond as I wrap my pinky around hers "you'll be in big trouble if my daddy don't come back" she says glaring at my brothers making me chuckle but it also makes my heart swell knowing my daughter loves me.

Elijah chuckles and smiles at her "don't worry, we only want to borrow him a moment" he assures her making her nod as she slowly detaches herself from me and scoots over to Davina and cuddles up against her but she sends Klaus and Elijah one more glare as I get up and leave the room with them.

I follow Elijah and Klaus into his study where he does all his painting and Elijah shuts the door behind me. "Okay what is the meaning of this?" I ask wanting to know why they pulled me aside.

"We want to say sorry" Elijah replies making me frown "and what are you exactly sorry for?" I ask as there's a lot of shit they've done to me that they could be apologizing for.  "We're sorry for daggering you and tearing you away from your wife and daughter" Klaus apologizes making me scoff "I acknowledge your apology Nik but I don't forgive you" I respond making them frown. 

"But we apologized" Klaus replies making me roll my eyes "I know that but do you really think I'm just going to forgive you so easily? You tore me away from the only woman I ever loved and my daughter when she was only eight weeks old!" I snap clenching my fists 

 "I wouldn't of daggered you if I had known about them" Klaus defends making me scoff "you and me both know that's not true. If you had known, you would've still daggered me and then you would've gone after them, killed Davina and probably done god knows what to my daughter!" I snap and he scowls "do you really think that little of me?" he asks making me scoff "after all you've done and how you've treated me for a thousand years, can you really blame me for thinking like that!? I don't trust you Nik and I sure as hell wasn't going to trust you with my wife and daughter!" I snap before the door opens and mother enters not looking too happy.

"Why do I hear arguing? I thought we argued there'd be no more of that" she scolds making me scoff "Kol won't forgive us" Klaus speaks up making me roll my eyes "he has every right not to forgive you and you have to deal with that and accept it" she responds taking us all by surprise. "We really are sorry Kol" Elijah apologizes making me nod "I accept your apology but I'm not forgiving you" I respond before storming out of the room.

I head back downstairs to the living room where Teddy is sat on Finn's lap teaching him how to play patter cake while Davina and my sister are chatting away. "Daddy you're back!" Teddy exclaims turning away from Finn "I am sweetheart, what are you doing?" I ask "playing patter cake with uncle Finn" she replies before hopping off his lap and running over to me. 

I crouch down as she reaches me and she instantly climbs up, wrapping her arms around my neck making me chuckle "are you okay daddy?" she asks as I stand up "I'm fine sweetheart" I respond smiling as she touches my cheek "I heard yelling" she says making me feel guilty. "I'm sorry love, I hope I didn't scare you" I say kissing her forehead "it's okay daddy, I wasn't scared" she replies before snuggling her head in the crook of my neck. I feel eyes on me and glance over her shoulder to see Davina and my sister looking at us with smiles on their faces.

End of chapter...

Some more Teddy cuteness. She's becoming a bit of a daddy's girl. Is Esther being sincere? Elijah and Klaus have apologized but Kol hasn't forgiven them. Teddy was playing patter cake with Finn. What will happen next? 

Vote and comment