Flashback 5

September 2nd 1863

Kol's pov

I wake up to an empty space next to me where Davina should be. Before I can start to wonder where she got too, I hear gagging and a slooshing sound coming from the bathing room so I get up and vamp speed into the room to see Davina hunched over a bed pan throwing up making me frown as that's the tenth time she's been sick in the last week and I'm starting to get worried she may be coming down with a fever but I sure hope I'm wrong as I don't want anything to happen to her as she means so much to me. I'm so in love with her it almost scares me but I've never been happier than I am with her. 

"Darling I think it's time to get a doctor" I say as I help her up off the floor "okay, now can you help me back to bed?" she asks leaning against me "of course love" I respond before gently scooping her up in my arms making her giggle and I chuckle at her, kissing her on the cheek.

I enter our bedroom and lay her down on the bed "I'll go get a doctor" I say giving her a kiss on the forehead as I tuck her into bed so she's comfortable. "Okay don't be too long or I'll miss you" she says adorably making my heart swell "I promise I won't be long" I respond rubbing her cheek before moving away and throwing on a coat before I leave the house to find a doctor.

.

As I wonder through town searching for a doctor, I find Stefan talking with Emily Bennett, a witch so I head over to them. "Kol? Have you seen or heard from Davina?" he asks he still doesn't know Davina's been living with me and keeps looking for her while Giuseppe has declared her dead and the bastard even threw a party to celebrate, I was so tempted to kill him for all the harm he caused my girl but I don't want to waste my time on the waste of space. 

"No" I respond I feel a bit guilty for lying but Davina thinks he's better off not knowing where she is although I know she does miss him a bit. 

"Okay let me know if you do" he replies before walking away "I know she's with you" Emily says once he's out of earshot. "Thought you might. I can't exactly hide it from a witch" I respond "you're lucky my father hasn't caught on. He's suspicious about where she went" she replies "well I will deal with him if he becomes a problem" I respond "so what's wrong? You seem troubled" she says "it's Davina, she's sick and I don't know what's wrong with her. I came to find a doctor but I think you would be better since you're a witch and you're a friend of hers" I explain "I'll be happy to help" she replies "great, follow me but make sure nobody follows you" I say making her nod "of course" she responds looking around before following me to the house.

.

Me and Emily enter the bedroom where Davina is sat up making a daisy chain "darling did you get out of bed?" I ask "I got bored" she answers as she looks up, her face lights up slightly as she sees Emily. "Hi Emily" she says "hey" Emily replies as she walks over "it's been a while" she says "it has but don't worry I'm happy" Davina replies before placing the daisy chain she was making on my head as I sit next to her making me chuckle. "How do I look?" I ask playfully batting my eyelashes making her laugh "why you look very pretty my dashing prince" she replies bringing a hand to my cheek making me smile.

I catch Emily smiling at us "you two really love each other don't you?" she asks "more than anything" I respond grabbing Davina's hand and placing a kiss on her knuckle. "Well I should get started on finding out what's wrong with you" Emily says before motioning me to leave the room so she could be alone with her "I'll be right outside" I say to Davina before pressing a kiss on her forehead. I get off the bed and leave the room.

Davina's pov

"Okay so what symptoms have you been having?" Emily asks once Kol's out of the room "well sickness, nausea, headaches, a few nose bleeds here and there and my breasts have been really tender and sore lately" I explain making her nod. "Okay and how has your menstrual cycle been? Any changes?" she asks making me frown "I haven't had a period in a while" I respond making her frown "when was the last time you had a period?" she asks making me frown as I think back to when I last had a period. "Mid July" I respond and I hear her suck in a breath "okay and you and Kol have been sexually active?" she asks "yeah, quite a bit" I respond biting my lip "you haven't left the house at all have you?" she asks making me shake my head. "No, I haven't gone anywhere since I started living here with Kol. I'm too scared to outside in case Giuseppe or Damon see me" I respond making her nod.