Flashback 8

18th April 1864

Davina's pov

I was walking around outside by the house with Emily who came to keep an eye on me while Kol went out for a feed as I'm heavily pregnant and the baby is due any day now so he doesn't want me to be left alone. 

I can't help but feel very drowsy today and I have a really bad headache which is why I'm currently having a walk outside for a bit of fresh air to see if that helps. 

"Come on we should get you back inside" Emily says "no just a little longer" I respond "Davina I'm concerned about you. Your face is really pale and you really don't look too good, I highly recommend you rest" she explains making me sigh "maybe a little rest will help" I respond and she starts guiding me back to the house.

Just as we reach the house, I stop and clutch my belly as I'm hit by an overwhelming amount of pain "ahh!" I hiss closing my eyes "Davina what's wrong?" Emily asks concerned "something's wrong, I feel pain everywhere" I respond before I suddenly have the urge to pee but before I could say or do anything. A huge gush of water comes out of me "oh god your water just broke" Emily says "my baby" I gasp clutching my belly as Emily guides me into the house "your baby's coming" she says as she helps me onto the bed.

"Kol I need him. I can't have this baby without him" I cry as I'm hit by another wave of pain "he's on his way, I just know it" she assures me as she helps me get comfortable on the bed and I have the sudden urge to push. "Ahh the baby's coming, I need to push" I say throwing my head back as I feel pressure between my legs. 

"Okay slowly spread your legs and start to push" Emily instructs so I slowly spread my legs and I pull my dress up while she starts gathering stuff.

.

"Ahh!" I scream as I push just as the door swings open and Kol stumbles in "what's happening?" he asks frantically "she's giving birth" Emily answers as he vamp speeds over to my side "oh god" he mumbles "hold her hand and try to make her feel as comfortable as possible" Emily advises and he grabs my hand. 

"You're here" I pant gripping his hand "I'd never miss this for the world. I'm just sorry I wasn't here when you officially went into labour" he replies "it's okay, you needed to feed and at least you're here now" I respond stroking his face and he smiles "you ready to have a baby?" he asks "I am, you?" I ask "you bet I am, let's do this" he says placing a kiss on my hand making me smile. 

"Okay push on 3.....1...2....3" Emily says and I push releasing a scream as I do "ahh!" I yell squeezing Kol's "this really hurts!" I cry as my whole body is in pain and I feel like I'm on fire. "I know it does love, just take it easy and it'll be over before you know it" Kol encourages kissing my forehead as I deliver another push. "Ahh!" I scream letting my head fall back as I feel sweat drip down the side of my head. 

"Nearly there now" Emily says and I can feel her smiling at me but I can't see as my vision goes blurry for a brief moment as a searing pain rips through my body making me release a piercing scream "AHHHH! Make it stop please!" I plead wanting the pain to be over. "Darling it's okay, it's nearly over" Kol promises damping my forehead with a wet cloth.

"It hurts so bad" I whimper making him frown "I know and I'm so sorry that you have to experience it. If I could take all the pain, I would in a heartbeat but I know you can do this so don't give up. Just stay calm, take deep breaths and push as hard as you can" he encourages making a tear stream down my face. "I love you, you know that?" I say making him smile "yes and I love you very much as does our baby" he replies placing a kiss on my hand.

"Okay Davina when you're ready push" Emily says and with a deep breath and a gentle squeeze of Kol's hand, I push as hard as I can with all my might and suddenly I feel a pressure leave my body which is followed by a magical sound of my baby crying. "Waa!" my baby cries "it's a girl!" Emily declares making me cry tears of joy and I hear Kol choke next to me. "A-A girl?" he stutters I look to see there's tears streaming down his face as he looks over at our daughter.