Chapter 4

I coughed as I raised up from the freezing water, I felt Hugo's hand still grasping onto mine, I raised him up from the water. H coughed as well, I covered his eyes as I looked up, deadly red-eyed rats stared down at both of us. We had just made it by sunset, This water wasn't clean at all. I could feel dirty objects float around me, the smell of dead bodies smelt of the water. This wasn't supposed to be drunken by anybody, especially Hugo.  I screamed as loud as I could, The rats backed away. It didn't mean they were gone though. I looked at Hugo, I swam carefully to the other side. We had to find the light. We had to be away from the rats. 

On the other side, I pushed Hugo onto the muddy ground, leaves towered over him. I got onto the muddy ground next, I coughed and wiped all of the dirt off of my face and my ''armor.'' Hugo began to cough as well as he stood up, he crawled off the ledge of the ground we were on, I did the same, I smiled slightly when I saw the dirty concrete. ''We did it, Hugo! This calls for a cele''- I looked at him, he wasn't facing me. He was trembling, I bit my lip. ''Hugo...What's wrong?'' I asked, walking towards him. 

''We almost died, Amicia! I told you it was a bad idea to make it over the bridge! You are the worst sister ever!'' 

He yelled, Stepping away from me. I sighed. ''Hugo, I-I'm sorry. You're right, we did almost die. You almost died. I'm so sorry. I'm scared, Hugo. I know you are too. I do this...Because I need to keep you alive Hugo...I am sorry that I upset you every single time I do make decisions that you don't like.'' I replied, taking my hands off my hips and clenching them into fists.  Hugo turned around to face me. 

''It's okay, Amicia. I am hungry. Let's find food!'' He exclaimed, I wonder why he gets over all of this so easily. I smiled and shook my head. ''Come here,'' I said, gesturing towards him. He walked closer to me. I bent down to his size and pulled him in for a hug. 

I would never let him go. 

Never.