Chapter 25

The room was bigger than inside the university. So many glass windows you could see half of the town, doors guarded on all sides of the room, Mob guards crowding the space. I gulped out of fear, Melie stared at me. ''Amicia, Are you okay?'' She asked me, touching my shoulder. I paused to get my answer. ''No, Melie. I am not okay! There are too many to kill, we should find a different way.'' I whispered, She shook her head. ''No, Amicia. We'll be fine. Does she see that Huge glass lamp over there covering a group of mobs over there? You can destroy that and that will kill them, that takes off a huge gap of killing everybody.'' She replied, I nodded and kept my breathing slow. ''Melie, Over there. That's the room. Where they hold all the cages.'' I recalled pointing to a wooden nail guarded door. Melie nodded. 

''Let's do it.'' She replied, I nodded and raised my sling up at one of the guards as she snuck up on one and stabbed them in the throat. Wow. She has really changed. She looked at me and nodded. I took out my sling and loaded it with a rock, wincing from when Melie stabbed me in the shoulder yesterday, At least the armor helped. I aimed my sling at the glass lamp above the guards, I shot the rock right at the rusty screw that held the lamp, I then closed my eyes as the echo of the shattering glass screeched through the hall, the guards yelping in pain and their screaming fading, others realizing Melie and I were in the room. ''Fuck Yeah, Amicia! Keep going!'' She cheered, I shook my head and shot rocks at the mob guard who charged towards us. I watched as Melie pulled out her knife and stabbed a man in his throat, I then pulled out my knife and jumped on top of a woman who attacked Melie with her ax.\

I also stabbed in the throat, dodging an attack from a guard who swung his ax at me, I dodged it and instead had the guard hit his ax at the woman dead on the floor, He screamed upset. ''No! Eliza...I didn't mean to.'' He whimpered, Melie came on top of him and stabbed him in the back, I then ran towards other guards and threw a rock at their faces, They gurgled out of blood as they fell to the ground, Melie followed me as I ran to the door. But then a women guard jumped on top of me, She put her knife to my throat as I put mine to hers, we both grunted as the knives got closer to each other. I then got enough strength to stab her in the neck, Her blood splashing across my face as I pushed her off of me, Melie stretched out her hand to me, I froze as I looked behind us.

Thousands of people in the mob were charging towards us. 

Weapons in all of their hands. Their blood-curdling battle cry. Melie's eyes grew wide. ''Oh...OH NO! WE GOTTA GO!'' She warned, forcing me up as we both ran towards the torture room that held cages of doctors, She pulled out the key and struggled to open the door. I panicked, Pulling out my sling and beginning to shoot it at the guards, I looked at Melie frantically. ''Melie!!? Move it! The mobs are getting closer!'' I yelped, She pushed against the door hard, the boom echoed in my ears. 

''Amicia! I can't! This fucking lock! It won't open!!'' She yelled back, I sighed of fear and gently pushed her out of the way, busting the door open myself, being thrown inside as she came inside next and slammed the door, locking it. It sat and the floor and took and panted, she threw the key to the ground. ''Fuck this place, Amicia! Fuck it!'' She raged, kicking the key towards me. I sat up and curled myself into a ball, She helped me up though. ''Come on! Find the doctor you're looking for.'' She ordered, I sighed and began to walk further into the dark hall that held cages on every side, I was looking for a specific one...I haven't told anyone though.

His name is Laurentis. 

He used to be the doctor for Hugo when he was sick. For our family, actually. When before all this happened and my mother and father were alive. Laurentis vowed to always take care of the De Rune family, Mother, Father, Hugo, and I. He is very old, but I know he is still alive, and he was captured here. I have tracked where he has been when this university was safe or there would be the university's around, he would always come to them to help improve his healing skills, He was like family to the De Rune family, I hope Hugo will remember him. I got all the information from my mother, She was the smartest woman I have ever met, I wish she hadn't died, I would really need her right now.